Representative Steve King loses primary race

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

In a bit of mixed news, one of the most ghoulish and detestable representatives in congress will not be returning next year no matter the results in November. Apparently he made one too many racist remarks for Republican party leadership to stomach and his opponent got funded over him.

That's the good news. The bad news is the new guy is literally the same except he hasn't ranted about white genocide (yet). Same policies, new face. Though we'll see how he fares in November. His opponent is J.D. Scholten, whose campaign website includes no positions, so my personal opinion is that it'll be a close race favoring the new Republican.

Last edited:

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
In a bit of mixed news, one of the most ghoulish and detestable representatives in congress will not be returning next year no matter the results in November. Apparently he made one too many racist remarks for Republican party leadership to stomach and his opponent got funded over him.

That's the good news. The bad news is the new guy is literally the same except he hasn't ranted about white genocide (yet). Same policies, new face.
I'm sure he's been vetted to ensure he's much less likely to do things like publicly query what the problem with white nationalism is. And if he does, I'm sure they'll get round to deselecting him after about 9 terms in office.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
From what I've seen, the Republican party wanted him gone because he looked "weak", rather than, y'know, his galloping insane racism. And naturally he blames his loss on "never-Trumpers".

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
...Wow. Rarely has the context of an asshole bigot being defeated deflated me so much. :( So, new boss probably same as the old boss, only the new boss isn't publicly saying bigoted things?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
...Wow. Rarely has the context of an asshole bigot being defeated deflated me so much. :( So, new boss probably same as the old boss, only the new boss isn't publicly saying bigoted things?
Now, hold on, it's entirely possible that the new GOP guy could lose to the nondescript Democrat who we know just about nothing about (apparently).

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Aegix Drakan

♪ Megalovania is a genre ♪
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Canada
Country
Canada
Now, hold on, it's entirely possible that the new GOP guy could lose to the nondescript Democrat who we know just about nothing about (apparently).
Considering the sorry state of the corporate democrats? Even that's not much of an improvement. :s

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
From what I've seen, the Republican party wanted him gone because he looked "weak", rather than, y'know, his galloping insane racism. And naturally he blames his loss on "never-Trumpers".
I think the term is incompetently racist. If you're going to be racist, you need to be efficient about it