Republicans in key states won't say they'll accept results of 2022 election.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Maybe they should ease off the LatinX bullshit.
If you think that is the sole reason some Hispanic people vote Republican, you haven't been paying attention. For a guy who claims to hate Republicans, you sure spend a lot of time repeating their talking points.

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I wondered how to get Republicans to flip over to Democrats, but honestly, I'd settle for them just not voting.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
You're right. One of the two parties has a long history of using the levers of power to prosecute their political opponents.
You refer, of course, to the House Un-American Activities Committee and the activities of Sen. Joseph McCarthy

Reactions: Hades

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
If you think that is the sole reason some Hispanic people vote Republican, you haven't been paying attention. For a guy who claims to hate Republicans, you sure spend a lot of time repeating their talking points.
It's just a microcosm of the situation more than anything. Hispanics HATE the term LatinX so why the fuck is anyone using it? Because they think that's what's best for them...? Seems like a pretty bad attitude to me. There's plenty of articles on why Hispanics are voting republican and why "The Emerging Democratic Majority" didn't come true. For a guy that is all about being liberal and progressive, accepting of others, you sure don't know where many people are coming from.

I wondered how to get Republicans to flip over to Democrats, but honestly, I'd settle for them just not voting.
That's very democratic and American of you... This attitude is the exact problem in this country on both sides by the way.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
A desired outcome being dependent on people not expressing their political will makes for a poor democracy.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Hispanics HATE the term LatinX so why the fuck is anyone using it?
Correction: some of them hate it. Some are okay with it. I don't know if you knew this, but Hispanic people are not a hivemind.

For a guy that is all about being liberal and progressive, accepting of others, you sure don't know where many people are coming from.
lol at the idea I'm a liberal. You'd think my willingness to talk back to you and call out your bullshit would but the notion that I'm one of those spineless bliss ninnies to bed. Then again, I'm not sure you understand the difference between a liberal and a progressive.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
lol at the idea I'm a liberal. You'd think my willingness to talk back to you and call out your bullshit would but the notion that I'm one of those spineless bliss ninnies to bed. Then again, I'm not sure you understand the difference between a liberal and a progressive.
You don't believe in progress.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
What? I was agreeing with you completely! I'm sure endless compromises and calls for bipartisanship will work this time!
You probably didn't watch it and you definitely missed the point of it if you did.

Correction: some of them hate it. Some are okay with it. I don't know if you knew this, but Hispanic people are not a hivemind.

You're for telling another culture what term they should use that doesn't even fit their language? Are you gonna tell them they need to change their word for kitchen and bathroom too (along with literally every other word)?

I know the difference, they usually go hand in hand. I pointed out that you're definitely not liberal in the post you're responding to. What bullshit am I even saying? Respecting others and trying to understand where they are coming from is bullshit? Good thing you opened my eyes on that!!!

Both parties are NOT the same.

I cannot stress this enough: BE SURE TO VOTE!
Yes, EVERYONE be sure to vote.

That's just fear mongering of something that has never happened and will never happen. You dance to the music just like they want you to.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
That's what they said about Roe.

I dunno how you don't get this yet, but extremists win elections when normal people aren't motivated.
I would also point to all the actual cases of electoral fraud organised by the Trump campaign in 2020, including ignoring votes

We aren't saying/believing this becuase it never happened. It DID happen. In the last election

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Unless Biden fires Fed Chair Powell, agrees to in the future send some hefty weapons and or F-15EXs and F-16Vs to Ukraine does Green New Deal major vs in practice lite, does some form of universal healthcare, indicts DJT instead of pussyfooting it alongside the NYC Prosecutor, does actual free college, or even follows through with student loan cancellation, I will wait and see on early voting. I will be registering to vote. Still, I will hold my vote unless he does those things.

Also early voting for most people is for suckers.