Researchers Fear the Rise of Angry LEGO Faces

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
I have to admit, this thread is is a breath of freshish? air after the pile of E3 and 'Microsoft shooting the steaming pile of giblets that was their leg' topics that have clogged up the forums.

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Honestly, I think they just ran out of ways to complain about video games.
So I guess in a few generations time, we'll all be bemoaning about how Scowly Faced Lego figures are a heinous evil that deserved to be burned X3

Mr Mystery Guest

Aug 1, 2012
University of nothing better to do. I hope there is a uni in the world working on curing cancer.

And besides when children play with their figures they create stories about good vs evil and so they need antagonist characters. If you have a toy box full of He-Mans and no Skeletors (I'm showing my age there so Google it) they can't reaffirm that very important lesson and also will result in some very boring play.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
It's not like they don't sell happy ones. You need both so some are the villains, and as far as I know there have been both available for a LONG time. I had Western and samurai Lego when I was 4 or so, and I used the angry faces as the bad ones. It's logical. They've also always had entire little subsections of Lego full of angry faces, universes for action that aren't even from ouside Lego, and I've played with things from those.

That said, it's also fair to assume that someone buying a Lego that is associated with a franchise for their child probably has a child who is into that franchise. It's not like they're making characters serious for no reason, or putting angry faces on the firefighters and other mundane Lego citizens.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Sir Shockwave said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
So I guess in a few generations time, we'll all be bemoaning about how Scowly Faced Lego figures are a heinous evil that deserved to be burned X3
This new technology is strange and unfamiliar. Let's burn it to the ground!

Sir Shockwave

Jul 4, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Sir Shockwave said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
This new technology is strange and unfamiliar. Let's burn it to the ground!
Down with Technology! Up with Ludditeism! X3

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Yeah, because prior to the introduction of scowly faced minifigs, no child ever strayed away from sunshine happy play with Legos.

Fuck these people, kids will make up whatever story they want and make their toys express however they want no matter what their toys looks like. You know how Barbies are always smiling? Yeah, that didn't effect how I decided to play with my Barbies. Shit, a lot of the time I had them be miserable.

Capatcha: Lazy Sunday
No, it's Saturday, although I wouldn't be surprised if they came up with these findings on such a day.