Resident Evil 2 - Tofu

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
One of my favorite video game memories was unlocking the Tofu scenario and finishing it. Have to work up from the sewers all the way to the top of the police station with limited health items and a crapload of enemies to avoid as a big block of Tofu armed only with a knife. You unlock it by doing LeonA ClaireB three times on the same file or the reverse if I remember correctly.

I think this was inspired by people sending in videos of finishing the original Resident Evil with just the knife in record times.

Has anyone done the Tofu scenario?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I got there when i was a kid , but never actually beat it . It was too hard for me at the time. I'd like to retry it but i no longer have the patience to go through the game 6 times . I think you needed to finish the game with an A rank each time if i remember correctly . That means in under 3 hours with 1 or 2 saves . Doable but tough .

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Never played the tofu survivor although I have seen videos of it. Doing that 4th survivor thing as Hunk was pretty hard on its own due to the low amount of items but at least he had a gun.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
ThePS1Fan said:
Never played the tofu survivor although I have seen videos of it. Doing that 4th survivor thing as Hunk was pretty hard on its own due to the low amount of items but at least he had a gun.
Yea Tofu was a lot harder. The only advantage he had is he could take more hits. But there was rooms with enemies everywhere you had to juke and jive very carefully. It took me countless tries and frustration til I finally beat it.