Resident Evil 6 Sales Certain to Fall Short of Target

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Salad Is Murder said:
rhizhim said:
and no fuck was and could be given by the pc crowd...
Man, you guys just cannot resist this crap can you? Pathetic.
You guys? I'm working under the assumption that a poster is one person not representative of some monolithic hivemind. I was going to say that I'm kinda peeved that there was supposed to be a PC version of 6 that isn't anywhere in sight, but I suppose I should clarify that that opinion is not as an ambassador of a subset of video game players.

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
DrunkOnEstus said:
Salad Is Murder said:
rhizhim said:
and no fuck was and could be given by the pc crowd...
Man, you guys just cannot resist this crap can you? Pathetic.
You guys? I'm working under the assumption that a poster is one person not representative of some monolithic hivemind. I was going to say that I'm kinda peeved that there was supposed to be a PC version of 6 that isn't anywhere in sight, but I suppose I should clarify that that opinion is not as an ambassador of a subset of video game players.
Isn't it a more likely explanation that 'you guys' might refer to the subset of people who espouse this kind of opinion, rather than all of the PC Nation? Do you automatically assume that every time someone uses the pronoun 'they' the are referring specifically to every other single person in the world?

I mean, if you want to get mad about, that's fine and I won't try to take it from you, and I don't think I need to lump you into that category of people I was poking fun at earlier...I'm sensing there's a lot of other stuff I can make fun of you about.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to recommend Lulz Brand Skin Thickener ointments and topical creams to help ease the burn from your internet exposure.

Lulz Brand, when it absolutely doesn't matter.

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
rhizhim said:
but as others have pointed out, i am the sole emperor, the habringer of the glorious pc masterrace here to indoctrinate you.

there is no hope, nor any escape from me.
Put your emerald flask down and pay attention, Estus. This is how it's done.

BBboy20

Jun 27, 2011
I wonder if the lack of exceptional sales is due to fans displeased with the direction the series has went? Maybe they checked out the game through other ways and wondered why the fuck wasn't Leon's game basically the whole damn thing? Maybe that was the case, those loyal fans would have made it the best selling RE to date.

Maybe.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
How is a game suppose to be scary when you have co-op? I'm sincerely trying to get my mind around this concept, that the publishers think Res 6 was going to do spectacular as a survival horror if you had a friend involved. Many complained about Res 5 lacking the fear factor because of Sheva being your partner, but Capcom continued anyway to have you get a partner.
This makes me wonder what kind of horror game could pull off making Co-Op scary. I demand such a game to be made xD. Seriously though, this could take the genre into a whole new direction. Maybe I'm just making silly predictions but I think something could come out of it.

nexus

May 30, 2012
Piorn said:
Should have done more tie-ins with Mountain Dew and Micheal Bay.
Whats the matter with you.. do you want us to send a Janitor out to get you and clean up the mess you just made?

You were told to keep this ancient knowledge to yourself ...

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Capcom had a good thing going already! Revelations manage to keep the atmosphere and intensity from earlier titles whilst giving the player more room to maneuver with the smooth controls. It was exactly what Resident Evil fans have been asking for.

Nouw said:
Caramel Frappe said:
How is a game suppose to be scary when you have co-op? I'm sincerely trying to get my mind around this concept, that the publishers think Res 6 was going to do spectacular as a survival horror if you had a friend involved. Many complained about Res 5 lacking the fear factor because of Sheva being your partner, but Capcom continued anyway to have you get a partner.
This makes me wonder what kind of horror game could pull off making Co-Op scary. I demand such a game to be made xD. Seriously though, this could take the genre into a whole new direction. Maybe I'm just making silly predictions but I think something could come out of it.
Although not actually implemented or even ever hinted at... Resident Evil: Revelations could have made co-op scary. To start with, Revelations had a great setting and a fantastic atmosphere (most of the time), which is already shifting points in favour of the horror tone. Where they missed a chance was that every character in the main story had a partner, but they weren't always together. Have to venture out separately to accomplish your own goals, whilst still occasionally getting together with your partner for boss battles and endurance sessions could actually work without removing the atmosphere of being alone. Of course, communication would be critical...

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
I am torn between snickering because I hate Capcom anymore, and feeling a bit sorry for them because I actually LIKE Resident Evil 6 and I don't really care who knows it. I feel a bit bad for the Resident Evil team as well, because Resident Evil: Revelations was actually a pretty good game that had a lot of the survival horror qualities people feel RE6 lacks.

Regardless, the sales kind of prove that this game isn't the huge bomb everyone on the internet makes it out to be - it's just a mediocre game that fell short of it's target. Unusual for Resident Evil maybe, but pretty common place for others.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
I am torn between snickering because I hate Capcom anymore, and feeling a bit sorry for them because I actually LIKE Resident Evil 6 and I don't really care who knows it. I feel a bit bad for the Resident Evil team as well, because Resident Evil: Revelations was actually a pretty good game that had a lot of the survival horror qualities people feel RE6 lacks.

Regardless, the sales kind of prove that this game isn't the huge bomb everyone on the internet makes it out to be - it's just a mediocre game that fell short of it's target. Unusual for Resident Evil maybe, but pretty common place for others.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Caramel Frappe said:
Remember the original trailer for RE5, and how it was JUST Chris on his own and Sheva would only jump in occaisionally...and then people accused the game of racism and the devs got scared. I think that shows Capcoms old opinion on their games (post RE4, pre RE5), they have an idea, release it, but if they hear ANY criticism they will immedietly try and change it. Now they seem to just say, "screw it, we'll make it and sell it and if there are any problems we'll just release the game again and" yeah, we know where it's going. Capcom is basically Nintendo now which is a shame...but hey, I liked RE6.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
I take my hat off to Capcom for at least trying to do something different. With most games being safe copies of the previous edition *cough*COD*cough* it is good to see a games company trying to reinvent their franchise. Unfortunately, Capcom just haven't managed to do it right.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Adam Jensen said:
Capcom is retarded. They had a good thing going with Resident Evil 4. And they decided to change the working formula that everybody loved, in order to try to attract the casual military shooter crowd. They are doing something similar with the new DMC. Instead of sticking to what the hardcore fans want they are creating some kind of parallel universe that just so happens to look like it was inspired by fuckin' Twilight. They are constantly being criticized for their use of on-disc DLC and announcements of DLC before the game is out. It's actually costing them sales, and they insist on doing it over and over again. They don't know when to stick to familiar things and when to innovate. They are doing everything wrong. They keep repeating the same mistakes and when they actually do something right, they can't wait to ruin it. I've never seen a dumber company.
You forgot to mention the absolute retardedness that is Steel Batallion.

However, as awful as that..."game"...was - and I hesitate to say that because, really, it's a broken mess of piled code - I'd forgive you not mentioning it due to the fact it's a pile of broken retarded.

And it's Christmas. So, Merry Christmas!

badmunky64

Sep 19, 2007
badmunky64 said:
It's starting to looking like Resi 4 was lightning in a bottle. That or capcom started thinking their shit smelt good and got stupid.
Who remembers all those times that Resident Evil 4 was delayed and development restarted from square 1? The reason for that: Shinji Mikami. I think Shinji Mikami is the sole reason why RE4 was so great. And as soon as he stopped directing the series, well just look what happened.

That would explain a lot. I never paid much attention to Resi Evil before 4. I tried a remake of the 1st on the GC awhile ago, but it just frustrated me.

also, after playing my friends copy of DMC 4, I'm not holding my breathe.
What do you mean?[/quote]

It was a 5 hour game that copied and pasted every level, enemy, and boss to make it a 10 hour game.