Resident Evil 7 Producer Says a New Dino Crisis Would Be "Really Exciting"

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Resident Evil 7 Producer Says a New Dino Crisis Would Be "Really Exciting"

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1387/1387623.jpgResident Evil 7 Producer Masachika Kawata think that a modern Dino Crisis would be a "really exciting prospect."

Resident Evil 7 has been widely praised since its launch earlier this year. Our own Senior Editor Liz Finnegan called it [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/17400-Resident-Evil-7-Review], "a welcome change of pace for a once great franchise." But RE7 producer Masachika Kawata isn't resting on his laurels - he's hoping that Capcom will bring back another survival horror title from its past: Dino Crisis.

Kawata told the Daily Star [http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/594385/Dino-Crisis-reboot-would-be-a-really-exciting-prospect-admits-Capcom-and-Resi-7-producer] that he has "a hope for in [his] heart" that Capcom could bring back the series. He should know the series well, as he worked on the original games. Kawata went on to say, "I think if you were to create Dino Crisis with modern gaming technology it would be a really exciting prospect."

Of course, these are all just pipe dreams at the moment, as Kawata also said that "There's not currently any conversations happening [at Capcom], that I'm aware of." Still, if Capcom were to take the time to do a new Dino Crisis right, it would definitely have a shot at being a hit.

[gallery=7031]

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
That could actually work well with the RE6 gameplay style. I mean Dinosaurs would seem more appropriate for action survival than horror survival.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
fans, including my self, demanded a remastered or remake of the original for ages. its still one of my favorite games and still play it today. i hope it will happen once day.

Dumb_Joe

Feb 3, 2011
I remember dumping hours and hours in the first and second game. Even today Dino crisis 1 & 2 are two of my favourite PS1/PC games.

Recusant

Nov 4, 2014
Mad World said:
Dr. McD said:
"... the Dinosaurs, unlike zombies, were fast, strong (even though they shouldn't be)..."
Why shouldn't they be strong?
Because they lived in a time when the pull of Earth's gravity field was notably weaker (125 tons each day adds up... well, slowly, but 65 million years is a very, very long time) and there was a lot more free oxygen. A living T-Rex transported to today probably wouldn't even be able to stand up. The smaller raptors might be okay, but the larger ones would be a lot slower than they were in the Cretaceous. The allosaurs and brontosaurs would mostly lie on their sides, moaning and wishing for death.

Of course, that's reality; and if reality were all that great, we wouldn't need video games in the first place.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
Dr. McD said:
It wasn't that they shouldn't be strong, but rather, from a realistic standpoint they shouldn't be that strong (even raptors could take more bullets then they should logically should be able to for example). Note that as I said this actually works (specifically, it works from a gameplay standpoint, not a realism one considering just how much bullets fuck you up in real life).
Ah - makes more sense. You're saying that it's about damage. Could be right, but maybe we'd be surprised; bears, after all, can be very difficult to take down. However, it's likely because of their fur and slow heartbeat (the later, which, apparently, allows them to be shot like crazy and still run a huge distance before they fall).
Recusant said:
Because they lived in a time when the pull of Earth's gravity field was notably weaker (125 tons each day adds up... well, slowly, but 65 million years is a very, very long time) and there was a lot more free oxygen. A living T-Rex transported to today probably wouldn't even be able to stand up. The smaller raptors might be okay, but the larger ones would be a lot slower than they were in the Cretaceous. The allosaurs and brontosaurs would mostly lie on their sides, moaning and wishing for death.

Of course, that's reality; and if reality were all that great, we wouldn't need video games in the first place.
I'm not sold on that idea. The T-Rex used its tail as balance, most likely. It was bigger but had equivalent muscle to support its movement. I don't see why it couldn't walk around today.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
Dr. McD said:
Most likely because it would have trouble breathing today, given the different atmosphere.
Apparently, there exists conflicting info on this. Some say oxygen was actually lower when dinosaurs were around, which would make breathing not a huge issue for them today.