Resident Evil 7 VR TGS 2016 Preview - Nauseatingly Scary

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Resident Evil 7 VR TGS 2016 Preview - Nauseatingly Scary

Resident Evil 7 is one of the best uses of PlayStation VR we've seen.

Read Full Article

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
I would think getting sick from using VR would ENHANCE a survival horror game, not diminish it. Especially when you come across something that's supposed to be sickening in the game itself.

As long as I actually CAN kill everything in the game, even (or rather especially) if I need to conserve every last bullet to do it instead of running and hiding all the time I'll be happy with this. As much as I'd like Resident Evil to "return to it's horror roots" (Resident Evil was never scary in the first place, more like corny) the last thing I want is another Clock Tower clone like Silent Hill Shattered Memories was, something more like Evil Within.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
this VR stuff is worrying me. i just hope that its not mandatory for PC to have it, because im not eager to get a set just to play games.

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Metalrocks said:
this VR stuff is worrying me. i just hope that its not mandatory for PC to have it, because im not eager to get a set just to play games.
It will never become a mandatory thing. As long as a sizeable portion of the population can't stomach it, it'll always be just another expensive tech toy.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
Metalrocks said:
It will never become a mandatory thing. As long as a sizeable portion of the population can't stomach it, it'll always be just another expensive tech toy.
good. i have never played with it but is the price i cant stomach. im happy file playing my games on my monitor. i have already a good headset with 7.1 sound. is immersive enough.