Resident Evil Creator Making Survival Horror Game for Bethesda

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I think the proper way to describe my feelings over this is, "Supremely intrigued!" Especially when I thought of a ridiculously dark Fallout-esque game. But I still don't want to let my hopes float up too high.

RustlessPotato

Aug 17, 2009
I surely hope this will be great, i've been looking for great survival horror games. Had high hopes for dead space, and even though it was fun , it wasn't very survival horror-y to me (though the first chapters of the first game did have me jump a bit :/).

I'd love to play a game where your enemies are humans but infected with something. The twist is they still look and act human, so you don't really know which ones to shoot. Maybe also in a far away colony or space ship or something.

Rich Newman

Jan 9, 2011
Could this finally be the long-awaited sequel to Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth? The art looks kind of Lovecraft-like. Please oh please oh please...

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
I will keep an eye on this for sure!

I am happy that more Japanese and Western developers are collaborating in general.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Really? Mercenary? I appreciate that that sounds more glamorous, but in my opinion 'independant contractor' would have done.
Other than that, I'll be interested to see how this turns out and whether or not Yahtzee's theory will hold water.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Tiamat666 said:
[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Skin"]This book[/a] would provide an excellent premise for a survival horror game.
It would help if that link had more than a sentance about the darn book

"The novel chronicles the stay of an unnamed weather official on a remote island in the south Atlantic close to the Antarctic Circle."

That's all the info on the page so you may as well have just stated the title it would have saved time.

OT: We'll wait and see but I can see this being a good scary game.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Resident Evil is my favorite video game series, and horror has always been my favorite genre in anything. Color me intrigued.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Soooo... no Vanquish 2 any time soon?
Awwww, Shinjiiiiiiiiiiii. C'moooooooooon.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
alrekr said:
Tiamat666 said:
[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Skin"]This book[/a] would provide an excellent premise for a survival horror game.
If you were genuinely interested and/or had a little patience to spare, you might have noticed there are two links to reviews about the book and another two reference links on the page.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Tiamat666 said:
alrekr said:
Tiamat666 said:
If you were genuinely interested and/or had a little patience to spare, you might have noticed there are two links to reviews about the book and another two reference links on the page.
Well if you were truly in support of telling the internet about this great book that is such a great premise for a horror game you could have just posted those links yourself...

Or mabye even post a brief overlay of the plot that you wrote yourself...