Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Resident Evil Creator Making Survival Horror Game for Bethesda

will make the final version of Zwei.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Well, I'm interested.

Funfact: Resident Evil 1 coined the term 'survival horror' through it's advertising. So that would be the truest 'survival horror' game out there.

Osaka117

Feb 20, 2011
I'll be following this game all the way. Not only have I been itching for a return to true survival horror, but if it's got one of my gaming heroes Shinji Mikami behind it, then that's a sealed deal.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Got high hopes for this one. It'd be nice to have a horror game on consoles this generation that's actually scary.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
A real survival horror? In this day and age!?!?
And here i thought the days of good survival horror was long past. I didnt really consider Penumbra and Amnesia survival horror. It was just.... horror and hiding. But a good old survival horror like the first 2 RE games would be grand! But will it be 1st or 3rd person? Or will we have locked cameras like the first few RE games? Because nothing was scarier then firing down a hallway when you couldnt see what you were shooting at. Every corner could mean death.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Skin"]This book[/a] would provide an excellent premise for a survival horror game.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
"Stop right there criminal scum! BOO!"

In all seriousness yes, I'm going to keep an eye on this one. Bethesda has always been great when it comes to beautiful scenery after all even if they've had some problems with over-all immersion. I know they're capable of Horror too considering The Dunwich Building.

TheProfessor234

Aug 20, 2010
I just hope they make sure to pay good attention to the survival part of the survival horror genera. Not only should things look and feel scary but there also needs to be a good aspect of, "Oh god, I've run out of ammunition and now I've got to fight tooth and nail to go on." I only bring it up because I don't ever remember having that thought in my mind while playing RE4 but that was a long time ago, so it's possible I just played it on a simple difficulty level.

But hey, the guy behind RE4 with Bethesda sounds like a great combo to me in any situation.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Oooooh... You had me at hello.

I really hope this will be a return to wearing brown pants style of horror, not that I'm saying that Amnesia wasn't scary because it totally was.

Can't wait to hear more.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I'm curios to see which direction Mikami will take; Are we getting more Amnesia or are we getting more Resident Evil 4? Or maybe something entirely different? Either way, more horror games are never a bad thing, especially when we've got some great developers/people being at the helm.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
So I'm guessing it's going to be a silent hill type game (or maybe more like Alan Wake) where you walk around a creepy town and shoot almost invisible things with a pretty backdrop. Sounds boring to me.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
Hmm... could Fallout be taking an even darker turn? I'm in. If you need me, I'll be in the labs in STALKER.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Shoggoth2588 said:
I know they're capable of Horror too considering The Dunwich Building.
This. I seriously got more spooked by that section of gameplay than I have by entire games that claim to be scary.

I'm definitely interested in this.