Resident Evil Umbrella Corps Trailer Takes Us Back to the Village

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Resident Evil Umbrella Corps Trailer Takes Us Back to the Village

Also a first look at the game's horde mode.

Capcom has released a new trailer for Resident Evil Umbrella Corps, showing another of the classic locales being revisited in the online team-based shooter, the Village from Resident Evil 4. Yes, you will be able to engage in a heated firefight with another mercenary team while being gaped at by poor, rural villagers in the thrall of a cult.

The second half is dedicated to a single-player mode, "The Experiment", where players can develop skills for the multiplayer game by playing through 20 missions in an Umbrella facility.

In the video's closing moments, it teases the forthcoming reveal of a third combat zone from Resident Evil past. The brief glimps suggests that it's likely Kijuju, the fictional West African city which kicks off the events of Resident Evil 5.

[gallery=5518]

Umbrella Corps is an online multiplayer shooter where players compete as teams of three mercenaries, fighting against each other while also dealing with zombies and other Resident Evil creatures. The game is expected to arrive in May for PC and PlayStation 4.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Oh look, it's CoD Zombie mode done by Capcom. How original. I guess hell would freeze over if they actually made another real RE title.

Sep 24, 2008
I've always liked the idea of PvPvE. This looks close to a good model.

But I was raised with Resident Evil. Perhaps in time I can expand my mindset, and just see this as an offshoot in the world. I'm not there yet.

killerbee256

Aug 14, 2014
Adam Jensen said:
Oh look, it's CoD Zombie mode done by Capcom. How original. I guess hell would freeze over if they actually made another real RE title.
I thought it was L4d done by capcom.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
killerbee256 said:
Adam Jensen said:
I thought it was L4d done by capcom.
Feels like Mercenaries done by Capcom, or Capcom done by Capcom for that matter.
Why would anybody who already owns RE5/RE6 and has access to online shootouts pay for this?

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Some big shots at Capcom thought that this was a good business idea. It's like modern shooter craze of late last decade all over again. Now it's fuckin' zombies, and the saddest part is that a company that used to make the best zombie franchise in gaming is reduced to trying to appeal to the "wider audience" by making this crap. They think this is a low risk investment project.

They're not even trying. They just make HD releases of old games and now a "new game" with recycled levels from old titles. I wouldn't have a problem with this if it wasn't just another in the long line of multiplayer zombie games, and by the looks of it not a very good one.

Why can't they just make Resident Evil 7 and Devil May Cry 5? Is that too much to ask? They've suffered because of their unoriginal, low-risk approach before. People are bored. Get that through your heads already.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
*Drops head into hands then onto table*

Not another co-op zombie online shooter. Capcom, you are but a gasping husk of a desperate company with literally no original thought left in whatever vacuum is currently occupying your offices. Ask the janitor for some ideas, anything...this is just running on third-hand fart fumes now.

People give RE6 a lot of shit, but at least then they were trying. Maybe that is their plan, to get to the point where even that title will seem worthy of a reREreRemaster.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Online team-based shooter? Fuck you capcom!

Resident Evil has come to this?

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
MC1980 said:
Adam Jensen said:
Why can't they just make Resident Evil 7 and Devil May Cry 5? Is that too much to ask? They've suffered because of their unoriginal, low-risk approach before. People are bored. Get that through your heads already.
They are making it, it's their best selling franchise, period. This game is literally just a spin-off made by a different company.

chocolate pickles said:
Absolutely disgusting. Screw you capcom: I want resident evil back, not this shit.
What does this even mean? Bad spin-offs have been a part of RE since Gun Survivor 1.
Because it shows that capcom are more concerned with selling out the franchise as an action genre than making any attempt to even act like a horror.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
MC1980 said:
chocolate pickles said:
Because it shows that capcom are more concerned with selling out the franchise as an action genre than making any attempt to even act like a horror.
You're close to a decade late with that observation.
Oh, I'm fully aware this is just the latest entry in the shit factory that is capcom. I'm just particularly bitter after playing the re0 remaster.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
MC1980 said:
They are making it, it's their best selling franchise, period. This game is literally just a spin-off made by a different company.
If it's financed by Capcom then it's bad because they keep investing in projects that are doomed to fail. I wish they'd focus their resources on real talent and great ideas again. Instead, the fate of Devil May Cry franchise depends on how well the HD release of their 2008 title sells. That's fuckin' mental.

Bradmaster Flash

Jun 4, 2013
People are far too reactionary when it comes to Resident Evil games nowadays. I mean don't get me wrong, I absolutely despise Resident Evil 6 and ORC. I actually PLAYED these games and made a judgement though. No Resident Evil game will ever top the original three in my opinion, but even then 4 was incredible and 5 was a great experience (although a bad Resident Evil game).

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Capcom developing a SPIN OFF in the universe. We already have the Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed, and with success that'll bring a Nemesis remake (which is especially what I look forward to, Nemesis being my absolute favourite in the series).

All I'm suggesting is that you hold your opinions guys and take what the game is meant to be - a fun, fast paced multiplayer shooter which takes place in the Resident Evil universe. Fingers crossed that it'll do the series justice as opposed to ORC.