Resident Evil Villain Wesker Does the Old Spice Guy

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Resident Evil Villain Wesker Does the Old Spice Guy

Look down, now look back up. You're on a volcano, with the man your man could kill like.

It's no secret that we here at The Escapist love the Old Spice Guy commercials [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/old+spice]. A bunch of us love Resident Evil, too - which is why this video makes us laugh so much.

It's Resident Evil's Albert Wesker doing his own take on the Old Spice commercials, only instead of espousing the benefits of manly (yet refreshing) deodorant, he's trying to convince all of us to inject our bodies with the Uroboros strain. Oh sure Wesker, it might give us godlike powers, but it doesn't give us anything to protect us from rocket launcher strikes, does it?

The best part of this video is that it actually features the voice of D.C. Douglas, Wesker's real-life voice actor. So yeah, that's actually Wesker giving the spiel. It's pretty effective, in a way.

The video itself is a little over a month old, but it's just now making the rounds here - and I certainly hadn't seen it, which means it's still news to us!

(via Capcom Unity [http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2011/01/31/if_albert_wesker_did_old_spice_commercials])

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I just saw this for the first time. That is goddamn brilliant!
The fact that it's Wesker's actual voice actor doing it too, that just sells it.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
Damn, you guys took awhile to find that. :p You should probably mention the other one too.

Yeah, you'd think the Capcom Unity guys would have seen it earlier.

Jeralt2100

Jun 9, 2010
Hilarious, too bad they killed him off. Here's hoping he is still part of the rebooted franchise. :)

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
Damn, you guys took awhile to find that. :p You should probably mention the other one too.

OT: That's funny. Awesome that they got the actual voice actor to do it!

Green Ninja

Aug 10, 2009
Strife2k7 said:
Hilarious, too bad they killed him off. Here's hoping he is still part of the rebooted franchise. :)
If you look really close and wish really hard the missles actualy miss his head and detonate behind him.

Just saying. ^^

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
that was pretty brilliant :) i mean, granted combining two of my favorite things (Old Spice commercials and Resident Evil) couldn't possibly fail to entertain me, but still!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
That took a while Escapist, I watched this video for the first time just yesterday and just because of that video, I wanted to play RE5 again and I haven't played it since it launched for PC back in september '09.

"Look at yourself, now back to me, I'm eating rockets."

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
He does like to mess around for entertainment purposes doesn't he?
I think it's simply great that he took the time and effort to do all of that, even the small print is funny.

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
That's enough. No more. This meme is becoming overdone. The horse has been beaten within an inch, nay, a millimeter of its life. Give it a rest.
The lack of lip-sync doesn't help either. It's good, but not great.

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
Another of the many reasons I love D.C. Douglas. He's up there with David Hayter for actually cool game VAs.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
This is hilarious, an awesome video.

Good to see him taking his time to do something funny like this.