Residual VM Stable Release Brings Grim Fandango to Modern PCs

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar. Like eagles. Yeah. LIKE EAGLES... ON... POGO STICKS.

Damn I hope I can find the discs.

cookyt

Oct 13, 2008
I wasn't aware this game had so many incompatibility problems. I remember playing it around the time Windows Vista came out, and again on a different computer running Windows 7 maybe two years ago. I've never experienced any incompatibility problems, not even a crash or a texture glitch.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
more Manny!

also:
i have the longest journey and the longest journey: dreamfall installed
and fully functional on my pc, right now

what are people doing wrong? o_O

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Great news. I've been having occasional problem running it on Win7. Now I only need to find my disc XD

Reginald

May 9, 2012
Oh, excellent! I've still got the hard copy. It's an early Christmas miracle!

The Artificially Prolonged said:
Great news, now if only I bought Grim Fandango in 90s I'd be sorted. Come on Lucasarts release your back catalogue on gog already, or are you that afraid of success and money?
I wish they'd do this, too. I hate it when people to miss put on things.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
And this, children, is why it's important to still have physical game libraries, and why servers being required to run games is still stupid

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Awesome! And it also appears copies of the Grim Fandango are still quite affordable (which might change when this causes demand to go up), so I'm going to buy a copy right away.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
Sad, got my hopes up for nothing, this is one the few games I believe the hype about it being "one of the best games ever", but see, I DON'T HAVE THE GAME. So, no fun for me :(

McShizzle

Jun 18, 2008
I hate to burst the bubbles of people who would like to see this made available for purchase, but LucasArts and their IP's are now the property of the Walt Disney corporation and Grim Fandango will likely never see the light of day (or at least not for a very very very long time). It looks like Ebay is the way to go if you want the physical discs, there are other ways to get the game of course.