Resistance 3 and New Ratchet & Clank Announced Together

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Resistance 3 and New Ratchet & Clank Announced Together

Insomniac had more than one big announcement this week, revealing new games in both of its key series.

Insomniac Games PAX 2010 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102497-Wake-Up-to-New-Insomniac-Game-By-September] that it would demo at the convention on September 4. The studio instead decided to announce two games: Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.

Resistance 3 (trailer below) is no surprise, as there'd been Resistance [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95373-Billboard-Announces-Resistance-3-Very-Very-Early]'s alien enemies. I'm sure there are hints in there somewhere, so feel free to excise any information you can, because Insomniac has only said that game details are "coming soon" and given Resistance 3 a release date of "TBA."

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One actually is a surprise, as most people probably expected Resistance 3 and nothing else. Insomniac isn't holding much back on All 4 One, with its first trailer already revealing the whole shebang. All 4 One is a four-player co-op game, both offline and online, that has gamers working together as they swing from helicopter robots, jump across platforms, and battle various types of enemies. In addition to Ratchet and Clank, players also take on the roles of Captain Qwark and mad scientist Dr. Nefarious as they undo one of Nefarious' mistakes gone awry. It looks like a party game that everybody could enjoy and is scheduled for Fall 2011.

Sorry, Spyro fans. Insomniac did not announce when it'll be bringing back the little purple dragon. Here's the Resistance 3 trailer:

Apr 28, 2008
Two great games. Awesome.

And as I said in my thread, I really hope they bring back the segmented health and weapon wheel in Resistance 3.

As for the Ratchet and Clank game, well what needs to be said? Its completely and totally awesome.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
Oh God, I really hope they don't fuck Ratchet and Clank up.

I don't want a repeat of Spyro.......

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
If you drive into a dark tunnel you have absolutely no right to complain when monsters leap from the darkness to gnaw on your fleshy bits.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Mmmm I can't wait for 4 player co op on PSN. Well I won't be able to wait once I find 3 other people with mics.

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
The Austin said:
Oh God, I really hope they don't fuck Ratchet and Clank up.

I don't want a repeat of Spyro.......
same brother. although i commend them for changing up thw game soo much, but i have my doubts about this new ratchet and clank game

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
Meh. The first Resistance was really good, but the Resistance 2 was dick, balls and ass. I'll reserve excitement on the third one.

Ratchet & Clank, on the other hand, is a series I've always wanted to play, but it seems like every time I remind myself to do so, I've got another one to catch up on.

acklumos

May 1, 2009
I can't wait for either of these games, especially Ratchet and Clank. There just aren't enough split-screen games these days.

Fenolio

May 22, 2009
CURSE YOU INSOMNIAC FOR MAKING RATCHET AND CLANK PS3 EXCLUSIVE!
CURSE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

;_; If kingdom hearts 3 comes out on ps3 i'll cave and buy one. BUT NOTHING LESS WILL SUFFICE!

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I'll skip this R&C and pray that Insomniac isn't yet another game developer convincing themselves that single-player games have no place in the future of gaming.

Zero_ctrl

Feb 26, 2009
Since Insomniac is now multiplatform, which is coming to the XBox 360?
Both?

I flipping loved Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal on the PS2

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Cool, always happy to hear about a new Ratchet and Clank. I respect Resistance, just have never played it.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Suskie said:
Meh. The first Resistance was really good, but the Resistance 2 was dick, balls and ass. I'll reserve excitement on the third one.

Ratchet & Clank, on the other hand, is a series I've always wanted to play, but it seems like every time I remind myself to do so, I've got another one to catch up on.
While I wouldn't put it quite as bluntly, I would agree that Resistance 2 didn't really have the same, I dunno, feel to it as the original Resistance did.

Zero_ctrl said:
Both?

I flipping loved Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal on the PS2
Neither, both the Ratchet and Clank franchise and the Resistance franchise are owned and published by Sony.

And yes, Up Your Arsenal is my absolute favorite R+C game to date. I beat the impossible challenge and got most of the skill points.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
A co-op R&C game surely is an experiment - not huge, but still pretty innovative. Let's hope this experiment yields a good game.

[small]I was hoping for "Ratchet & Clank Versus Adolf Hitler", but oh well.[/small]

Zero_ctrl said:
Both?
Unfortunately for us, not either... they're making a brand-new IP for EA Partners.

[Insert Name Here]

Nov 26, 2009
Yes! Though I don't think the trailer for Resistance 3 has anything to do with the story, it was still awesome and it's good to know that it's coming.

Nylis

May 5, 2010
YES! Another Ratchet and Clank game! Been waiting forever for them to announce this. Insomniac hasn't let me down in any of the Ratchet and Clank games before, so I doubt they'd do it now.

Now I just need to hear that Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement (the actual Kingdom Hearts continuation, not another back story spin-off thing) and I'll be very happy.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
WHOO! more Ratchet and Clank. It looks so fun, if my friend gets it (i know he will) and i love it, it will probably get me to buy a PS3 (along with several other games)

as for resistance 3... i really don't know what i feel. i played co-op with my (same) friend and we had fun, but i don't think i will check it out anytime soon.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
... Is it me or does Ratchet and Clank look... gay? Like, low and behold, Ratchet and Clank is one of the games that made the PS2+ great, but 'All4One'? and that gay techno music, like WTF! And wtf is Nefarious doing there?! hes a baddy! KILL ALL SQUISHIES!