Retro-gamers of The Escapist?

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
With grief I read top 10 OF ALL TIME-lists that don't include games older than 15 years. With sadness I browse through the forums, talking with people about gaming today. With my mind full of hope, I glance at my wall, filled with consoles and games.

The Escapist is known for it's wonderful community. You are all awesome! But for some reason, I haven't been seeing alot of collectors or retro-gamers around here. I want to talk retro for once! Are you for Blast Processing? Or does the 2600 create warm feelings in your pants- I mean chest? Please come out of your shelters and share your love towards old-school gaming on The Escapists! Let us form friendships and other social... Things...

Share us your views on retro-gaming and the most priced parts of your collection! I am eager to see the fanatics of the retro-side here on The Escapist!

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
As far retro as I'll go is picking up my snes once a year in an attempt to beat Donky Kong Country, aside from that, I'm pretty grounded in the current age.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
Ah my brother and I are big into retro gaming! We own (it's mainly him, to be honest), 3 SNES's, a NES, a Dreamcast, a Megadrive, a Game Gear, an Atari Lynx, a couple Gameboys, a couple Gameboy colours, a limited edition Famicom Gameboy Micro, a PS1, a PS2, 3 N64s. And a tonne of games, too.

Heck, I was playing A Link To The Past in bed only yesterday!

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Double thread, here go to this one instead [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.330593-Retro-gamers-of-The-Escapist]and let this one die/fall back/whatever.

Apr 28, 2008
Is it strictly supposed to be console games? Because I was never much of a console gamer when I was younger. First game console I got was a playstation. Before that I played on my PC.

Freelancer, Fallout 2, Ultima VII, DOOM, Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall, Baldur's Gate, System Shock 2, Planescape: Torment, Command and Conquer...

Ah, good times. And thankfully most of those are available on GoG. So now I don't have to preform rituals to get technology from different periods to work together. Or, at least not preform as many rituals. Don't have to sacrifice as many goats and whatnot.

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
Vkmies said:
With grief I read top 10 OF ALL TIME-lists that don't include games older than 15 years. With sadness I browse through the forums, talking with people about gaming today. With my mind full of hope, I glance at my wall, filled with consoles and games.

The Escapist is known for it's wonderful community. You are all awesome! But for some reason, I haven't been seeing alot of collectors or retro-gamers around here. I want to talk retro for once! Are you for Blast Processing? Or does the 2600 create warm feelings in your pants- I mean chest? Please come out of your shelters and share your love towards old-school gaming on The Escapists! Let us form friendships and other social... Things...

Share us your views on retro-gaming and the most priced parts of your collection! I am eager to see the fanatics of the retro-side here on The Escapist!
I forgot to ask: what constitutes 'retro'? Does it HAVE to be as far back as Atari, or can it be PS2?

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Meh.. I honestly don't personally think gaming came into it's own until the NES era. Prior to that there are few games I would consider are more than potentially interesting museum pieces these days. There's almost nothing from that era I would actually choose to play if I was looking for enjoyment as opposed to a history lesson.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
TehCookie said:
Double thread, here go to this one instead [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.330593-Retro-gamers-of-The-Escapist]and let this one die/fall back/whatever.
Oh, my apologies. My connection was having a bad day. ^_^

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Vkmies said:
TehCookie said:
Oh, my apologies. My connection was having a bad day. ^_^
It's fine [small]I blame the thing in the Escapist's basement[/small], I just didn't want to have to read two threads.