Return to Morrowind With New Skyrim: Dragonborn Screenshots

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Well I was completely disinterested in the uh... vampire-y one and even less interested in half-assed house customization, but this...

A legitimately relevant new story in a new (to Skyrim, anyway) location with the prospect of taming dragons?

Count me in.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Beffudled Sheep said:
Xan Krieger said:
SupahGamuh said:
The title is a bit misleading, isn't it?, it's not exactly Morrowind, but near Morrowind.

Other than that, the DLC sounds like lots of fun, I'll definitely be checking it out.
I was surprised to see those big crab shells normally found in Redoran owned areas in Solstheim. Thought those only existed on the main island, especially as it seems it'd be a pain to move.
I guess after Vaardenfell got blown the eff up they decided to relocate.

It has been 200 years since oblivion afterall. Plenty of time to move some crab shells me thinks.

OT: YES, YES, YES! Oh wait why am I getting excited? I made the mistake of getting the ps3 version :(

But if Bethesda fix the problems they have with the ps3 then OMG WANTWANTWANT!
Well, to be fair, the Morrowind game took place on the major isle, but there is in fact a section of the mainland that is part of Morrowind, I'm guess this is where that takes place.

Edit: I responded to you and never put in my opinion about the overall story. So here goes:

I can't wait to play this. I think I played Morrowind for two solid years. And I miss some of the wonder of the area.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
Unless you can train multiple dragons, I'm not really interested in dragon taming. One dragon = pet. 20 dragons = siege army. Hell even the idea of getting 3 dragons trolling with you would be amazing, even if it would cause the world's bandwidth to heave and collapse.

Captcha: buckle your shoe. Can the player kick dragons to death now?

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
The7Sins said:
Ralen-Sharr said:
screenshot #2 - so the first dragonborn was Cthulhu? That's freaky as hell looking.
I think that is supposed to be the Daedric Prince Hermaeus Mora.
The trailer shows that the player fights the monster in the screenshot, so I highly doubt it's Hermaeus Mora (see spoiler for reason). Also, the only similarities are that Mora has tentacles and Mora only has tentacles at the bottom of its mass (Mora has very little shape outside of the tentacles and crab arms).
It's hard to imagine it being Mora seeing as how the main quest in Skyrim makes the player Mora's champion.

Personally, I think it may be an Ascended Sleeper from Morrowind. Which leads me to believe the main quest of the DLC may have something to do with the last remnants of Dagoth Ur. Of course, that's a big conclusion (that I've pulled out of nowhere), but it looks like an Ascended Sleeper without a robe.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Well we are getting a new dragonform thing that boosts shouts.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim/add-ons/
Key Features

Explore Beyond Skyrim
Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn?s return.

Become the Ultimate Dragonborn
Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect ? allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.

New Powers
Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.

New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more
Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
That second pic... what the hell??

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Dovahkiin Solstheim wgah'nagl fhtagn.

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
SupahGamuh said:
The title is a bit misleading, isn't it?, it's not exactly Morrowind, but near Morrowind.

Other than that, the DLC sounds like lots of fun, I'll definitely be checking it out.

EDIT: What I meant is that it's not exactly in the mainland of Morrowind, but at least it's the closest thing we'll ever get from Bethesda by making something that remotely resembles Morrowind with Skyrim's engine.
Wasn't Solstheim featured in one of Morrowind's expansion packs? I do agree though. I expected to see an actual return to Vvardenfell.

Spiritofpower

Aug 29, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Well we are getting a new dragonform thing that boosts shouts.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim/add-ons/
Key Features

Explore Beyond Skyrim
Leave the province of Skyrim and travel to the coastal island of Solstheim. Encounter the Dark Elven settlers of Raven Rock and the native Skaal, as you unravel the mystery of a Dragonborn?s return.

Become the Ultimate Dragonborn
Harness the power of the Voice as you face off against the first Dragonborn. Wield new shouts and spells including Dragon Aspect ? allowing you to summon the inner power of a dragon to deliver colossal blows and strengthen other shouts.

New Powers
Discover dark powers as you journey into a new Daedric realm. Collect books of forbidden knowledge and choose new paths for your skills and abilities.

New dungeons, creatures, weapons, and more
Suit up in Bonemold and Chitin armors and wield Stalhrim weapons as you navigate through a myriad of dungeons. Battle formidable foes like Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and more.
"Ultimate Dragonborn," eh? Well, it certainly sounds cool, though I'm not sure how useful it'll be. And "New paths for your skills and abilities," huh? Wonder what those'll do. Maybe add new perks to certain skill trees? If they do that it looks like I'll have to re-roll my character again so I can get full optimization. At the very least, though, I'll be able to make a cosplay character named Kain using spears and whatnot, assuming they're player-usable weapons.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Spiritofpower said:
"Ultimate Dragonborn," eh? Well, it certainly sounds cool, though I'm not sure how useful it'll be. And "New paths for your skills and abilities," huh? Wonder what those'll do. Maybe add new perks to certain skill trees? If they do that it looks like I'll have to re-roll my character again so I can get full optimization. At the very least, though, I'll be able to make a cosplay character named Kain using spears and whatnot, assuming they're player-usable weapons.
Bethesda really wont add skills/perks in the game.

What most people I've talked to belive is that there is a new "shout" perk tree, that works similar to how the lycanthropy, and Vampire, perk trees added in dawnguard work.

Spiritofpower

Aug 29, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Bethesda really wont add skills/perks in the game.

What most people I've talked to belive is that there is a new "shout" perk tree, that works similar to how the lycanthropy, and Vampire, perk trees added in dawnguard work.
So, what you're saying is that this "Dragon Aspect," is basically a transformation like Werewolf and Vampire Lord? Or that "Dragon Aspect," adds a new perk tree that can be filled by using Shouts or something?

Well, assuming it's a transformation, this might just be the first one of those I actually use full-time, instead of just as a one-off novelty.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Spiritofpower said:
So, what you're saying is that this "Dragon Aspect," is basically a transformation like Werewolf and Vampire Lord? Or that "Dragon Aspect," adds a new perk tree that can be filled by using Shouts or something?

Well, assuming it's a transformation, this might just be the first one of those I actually use full-time, instead of just as a one-off novelty.
The former, not the latter.

Spiritofpower

Aug 29, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
The former, not the latter.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. Now back to being massively hyped for this DLC!

*Runs off in a random direction celebrating in a decidedly loud and obnoxious way*

Oct 2, 2012
Baresark said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
Xan Krieger said:
SupahGamuh said:

I was surprised to see those big crab shells normally found in Redoran owned areas in Solstheim. Thought those only existed on the main island, especially as it seems it'd be a pain to move.
I guess after Vaardenfell got blown the eff up they decided to relocate.

It has been 200 years since oblivion afterall. Plenty of time to move some crab shells me thinks.

OT: YES, YES, YES! Oh wait why am I getting excited? I made the mistake of getting the ps3 version :(

But if Bethesda fix the problems they have with the ps3 then OMG WANTWANTWANT!
Well, to be fair, the Morrowind game took place on the major isle, but there is in fact a section of the mainland that is part of Morrowind, I'm guess this is where that takes place.

Edit: I responded to you and never put in my opinion about the overall story. So here goes:

I can't wait to play this. I think I played Morrowind for two solid years. And I miss some of the wonder of the area.
Yeah it's an island off of the cost of Vaardenfell. We haven't seen Morrowind proper (the mainland) yet :(

I'm super psyched for it too. Morrowind is in my top 5 games ever played and it will definitely breathe some life into skyrim.

edit: I derped, one of the expansions for Morrowind took place on the mainland. We still haven't explored most of the mainland though.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Beffudled Sheep said:
We haven't seen Morrowind proper (the mainland) yet :(

I'm super psyched for it too. Morrowind is in my top 5 games ever played and it will definitely breathe some life into skyrim.
The Tribunal expansion took place on the Morrowind mainland.

Oct 2, 2012
SajuukKhar said:
Beffudled Sheep said:
We haven't seen Morrowind proper (the mainland) yet :(

The Tribunal expansion took place on the Morrowind mainland.
Derp thats right. I only played that expansion once (didn't care much for it) and I completely forgot about it. Thanks for reminding/correcting me! Now to go edit my post.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
Morrowind with Skyrim? Soooo...there will be Draugr riding Cliffracers?

Aaaaw who am I kidding? It'd be worth it to visit crab shaped houses and surly Dark Elves!