Review Arena: Community Review Contest

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
And I'm pushing myself to finish this fucker now, damned 13 hour shifts at a new job threw me off. Now though, I will finish this

darth jacen

Sith Reviewer
Jul 15, 2009
School and work took precedent that week because I had the flu the week before. I will try my best to knock one out before this deadline, but work isn't letting up.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
My laptop kinda exploded and thus this was the least of my worries (no offence). But now it's significantly unexploded and may actually be able to open Word without putting a blunderbuss under it's chin!

Scratch that. Seems my laptop can be filed under stupid as well. And writing a 1500 word review on my iPad in one go it a recipe for suicide and finger pains. So I must unfortunately pull out. Which is a shame as I had a half-decent idea that may never see the light of day again :(

tlozoot

Feb 8, 2010
Just saw this topic and now my mind is running wild with ideas. I kind of need to finish a certain game first. Can I do that and get a review done by tomorrow? =O

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
tlozoot said:
Just saw this topic and now my mind is running wild with ideas. I kind of need to finish a certain game first. Can I do that and get a review done by tomorrow? =O
Not a lot of time left. Hours. But if you can manage it, go right ahead.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
Aluminum76 said:
It is past June 25 (here at least), any updates?
I hope you haven't forgotten...
Sorry about that, been one of those weeks for me. Planning a vacation soon.

Alright guys, good news and bad news here.

Good news is I have everything on the administrative side squared away. I have everything I need to get together in order to run this thing from beginning to end. In any case, this review contest is going through, and everything's squared away.

The bad news is we have an odd number of entries. In the time I extended the contest, I didn't get my fabled double-entries. We got close with five. I have a bracket filled out wherein someone gets a free ride through round one. I don't like this, as it puts a spanner in the system I want to use.

So here are our options, I shoot out a PM to all of the announced "interested"s I have on this thread, and the coveted sixth spot can go to whomever gets their review in first. This means extending the deadline to an uncertain period of time, and delaying this thing yet again. I don't like this option, but it makes the administrative side a little prettier, and the contest as a whole more fair as it doesn't give someone a free ride.

The other option is to proceed with our five, and I modify the structure of the tournament so that everything stays fair. It'll change how I have it planned, but it means we can proceed as normal by Monday at the latest.

Get your votes in by Monday, July 4, 2011. If I don't have any votes, or not enough votes to come to a decision, I'm just proceeding with the five we have starting Monday. Set your calenders and voting speeds accordingly.

Good day, and hopefully this monster can get off the ground.