Review: Army of Two: The 40th Day

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Army of Two: The 40th Day

A somewhat-exciting adventure in generic gunplay and macho pats on the ass.

Read Full Article

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Oh yes Funk. He did just slap his ass. My older and little brother loved the first one so he will buy this one soon. And I like that the masks have more uses. I'm just a bit curious though, is the flower mask the best?

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Bought the first one, I regret it. It was fun, but not replayable. I don't really rent games, so I'll probably be giving this a pass.

rompsku

Oct 2, 2009
Can't wait to pick this up. Played through it 3 times with 3 different people and it's been a blast every time. It's generic for sure, but a good kind of generic that I absolutely love.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
He didn't slap his ass...

He touch his bum with the palm of his hand.

Well, looks like a rental at best. But a damn fun rental.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
lol...if this is anything like the first one just a fully blown testosterone adventure through nothingness...Might rent iut, certainly not buying it...

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Resident evil 5, a game where the second player is a female.. People hated the cow.

Army of 2, a game that has 2 male characters in their co-op storyline... People automatically assume they're gay!

There's just no pleasing anyone is there..

I'd laugh if the developers just threw their hands up in the air and shipped the next co-op game with transvestites...

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
snowfox said:
There's just no pleasing anyone is there...
If two characters were lesbians, it would *ahem* "satisfy" many, if not everyone. Just sayin'.

As for the matter at hand - well, what should have we expected? It's just an average shooter, after all.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I got one question. Does everyone in the sequel swear like every five seconds?

The constant unnecessary swearing from everyone, kind of put me off from the first game.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Hooray for explosions!

On the topic at hand: it looks like fun but I'll probably skip it because I'd rather get Red Steel 2 and Bioshock 2.

ironlordthemad

Sep 25, 2009
i bought it full price the day after it came out
why?
because I like this series and this game takes it too another level with improved game play and upgrade mechanics

my only gripes are that:
there are a few set ups for enemies, you know like a few costumes and hats, but thats it, big guys are spread through out the level to mix things up but at one point I gunned down a five man squad with the same hat and costume...

also enemies always have the same gun as you so there isnt a problem with ammo (not really a complaint but its a bit wierd to have everyone using the AK47 in the very last mission when all the way through they have been using the top of the range Scar-H because you switched over for a bit more of a challenge)

the gun camo makes no sense what so ever, yeah sure it adds to aggro, which is OK, and its fun to have a sniper rifle covered in black and white skulls, but why the hell do i have jungle camo in the middle of shang hai?
Is it so hard to get just simple black camo?

I have to agree with Funk, for most people this is a rental game, but if you love (or even just like) the series you should buy it.

Just wanted to point out that I never understood why the series has gotten so much flak from people saying that the two main characters are overly macho idiots. My only counter point is a resounding "So?" with a shrug of my shoulders. Sometimes I play a video game to just shoot stuff and watch it die. What game is honestly made better by the protagonist showing a weaker more sensitive side of themselves? (except for the gears of war series of course, but most people just ***** about that dragging on)

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
+Its way more funny then the original Army of Two :]

-Checkpoints and Anywhere-shopping dont mix because you will ahve to do the shopping again if you die, and if you play with a guest he/she will not get his bought weapons saved so if you exit the game and then start it again the weapons that the guest have bought will be gone

YoUnG205

Ugh!...
Oct 13, 2009
I was not going to buy this game and this review, makes me wat to buy even less it just looks like every other late FPS.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Kollega said:
snowfox said:
There's just no pleasing anyone is there...
If two characters were lesbians, it would *ahem* "satisfy" many, if not everyone. Just sayin'.

As for the matter at hand - well, what should have we expected? It's just an average shooter, after all.
That would be pretty awesome... Though I'm sure an idiot over at HQ will try to push for one of them to be as butch as the guys in Ao2, thus making the attempt fall flat on it's face... :(

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
Just finished this and found it really fun, the gun customisation has taken a turn for the worse though. Overall it was a pretty epic game that i enjoyed every minute of.

Nex-Falx

Dec 24, 2009
I had heard nothing about the original other than jokes about the main characters being gay, but I assumed they were just that, jokes.

When I read the first couple of sentences I balked ... Then I guffawed as I realized it was but a jest. hahaha

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
As someone who love the flawed original, to anyone else who did as well and who has one (1!) friend to play through it all online with, I think it is worth while. Of course I only pay $20 for new EA games, but I think it is worth more.

For fans of the original, it is much better in graphics, mechanics, "feel", story and weapon use and upgrading.