Review: Assassin?s Creed Brotherhood

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Review: Assassin?s Creed Brotherhood

See the glories of the Eternal City. Don?t forget your stabbing knife!

Read Full Article

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Auuugh, how could you do this to me. D: I get to wait until Christmas for the game; your praise makes that wait so much harder.

Damn you, Ubisoft! How dare you release great games during the holiday season! *shake fist, tears. Oh, so many tears.*

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I need this game. But the car is in the shop...I wanna go and pick it up, damn it!

HURRY UP, MECHANIC!

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Huh I wasn't going to get this, but if its this good, I might just have to go pick it up today

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Sounds great. The original was a blast, so this one should be good too. *puts on big 'ol list of games to buy eventually*

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
What about length? That's the only thing holding me back from picking this up - I'm really not looking for a short game. Is it about the same length as 2 was, or is it shorter?

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
My, that "JUMP ON A WALL" bit scared the hell out of me.

Hey, Steve, little question, if I have a chance to pick up Assassins Creed 2 (knowing that I'll like it since I've enjoyed Assassins Creed 1), should I do that before Brotherhood?

Because this one is the one I definitely want to get - it's basically The Godfather 2 game only polished and about assassins. Awesome.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
My, that "JUMP ON A WALL" bit scared the hell out of me.

Hey, Steve, little question, if I have a chance to pick up Assassins Creed 2 (knowing that I'll like it since I've enjoyed Assassins Creed 1), should I do that before Brotherhood?

Because this one is the one I definitely want to get - it's basically The Godfather 2 game only polished and about assassins. Awesome.
Yes. Do not get and play this game until you have played AC2. It's like seeing Empire Strikes Back before Star Wars.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
The review included all the resons for ehy I am getting this game.
But, I'm going to have to wait 3 MORE AGONIZING MONTHS FOR A PC VERSION.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I rather liked Creed II, despite the way that the story shat itself inside out.

So I'll probably get this after a few months.

Good review.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
blipblop said:
dont know if I should buy this or the new COD
Buy this. Believe me, the story will be more captivating and original than COD.
BTW, they both have multiplayer and one features parkour and assassinations while the other one just features shooting.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
I need this game. But the car is in the shop...I wanna go and pick it up, damn it!

HURRY UP, MECHANIC!
The mechanic is a templar preventing you from fulfilling your Assassin duties! You know what you must do...

Anyways, I've been replaying the second game lately and remembering why I loved it so much (except for the DLC. There's a reason that got left out. A lot more polish should have been put on that). If this is an improvement on that, I'm definitely going to enjoy it. Hopefully it comes in the mail soon.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
I'm not Steve, but I'll give you a response anyway:

Good Lords, yes!

The story in AC II gets crazy twisted, and unless it will be properly explained in the intro (and knowing how they handled AC I plot in AC II - I HIGHLY DOUBT IT), you'll... maybe not exactly NEED it, but it would be EXTREMELY helpful to know all kinds of stuff from II.

Also, AC II is also brilliant.

I hope that helps!

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Steve Butts said:
It's like seeing Empire Strikes Back before Star Wars.
Hey, I watched Empire Strike's Back before Star Wars, and it was fine. Granted, I was 6 at the time, and I COMPLETELY forgot the story of it before I watched the full trilogy several years later, but it wasn't THAT BAD (I had some prompts from my dad, sitting next to me though).

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I loved AC2 so much, AC:B is the first game I ever pre-ordered. I'm so happy to hear it wasn't in vain. Thanks for the review, Steve!

pneuma08

Gaming Connoisseur
Sep 10, 2008
Man, those daggers went right through that plate mail. They aren't even going for the weak joints anymore. I guess that's more "badass" but still...

So, what are the odds that a month from now we'll see the game on sale for $20-30 off?