Review: Assassin?s Creed Brotherhood

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
SensibleCrout said:
A review of an Ubisoft game without a single word about the deal-breaking copy protection? Come ON!

I want to play a single player game offline, or on the train or wherever I like. There are even many gamers in the world who pay their internet connection per minute. If Ubisoft does not let me do this, the game has less value and so I consider ACB extremely pricy.
^This

If the DRM is on this one like the last game, I'll have no part of it.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Baldr said:
Multiplayer is so much fun. It so funny even watching someone else play it.

Like Manhunt
Morph a crowd to look like you, wait for an enemy that after you, they target a NPC next to you, you laugh, they target you, you smokebomb him, stun him only to be assassinated by his teammate that was up on a roof.
or those parts, where your guy gets killed, and then your killer gets sniped 2 seconds later, and then his killer gets dropped from above, and so on like a beautiful caterpillar of death :D

Ap0ca1ypse

Jun 12, 2010
I played this game and my view of it. Since it added multiplayer, (which I have barely played because i just finished single player) the single player is shorter than AC2. I still love Brotherhood, but if I was asked to compare it to its predecessor, well, I'd say AC2 was better. Though I love using the Brotherhood, the new gadgets and the improved combat, which I think is a lot more fun if you relentlessly attack the enemies. It's slightly harder than countering the whole time and is a lot more fun. Also Rome was great and I truly loved it. But i can't say it's the best, nor do I bet any AC city will make it to the top of my list. I'm not saying everything else sucks, but I FUCKING LOVED VENICE! Oh and what I played of the new multiplayer, I love. Deffinitely one of the most creative out there.

Ap0ca1ypse

Jun 12, 2010
Oh and I have a quick question. Is anyone getting the same parachute bug? I'll start playing again, but all of my parachutes are gone. It's not a big deal because i'm done with the singleplayer and I am rich in the game. But it's annoying when I try to use a parachute to get somewhere, find out I don't have any, and have to run all the way to a tailor to get more.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
bahumat42 said:
Distorted Stu said:
Does it expand on the AC2 ending? Or is it just a sort of "look at Ezio's life" game. I want to know more about Adam and Eve etc.
From what I have seen it seems to be a "retaking Rome" story, you won't get much more to the futury storyline but more to the local history, that and you create an army(Ok more of a warband in size but still), thats more than enough reason to buy it ^^.
First impressions can be misleading. The final act is a meaty reveal, with a jaw-dropping twist. Yes, you'll get your sought-after story, and you ought to make sure you decode subject 16's riddles along the way. I am very excited for the continuation of this saga, now.

Singleplayer alone is worth the price, if you're a fan of the series.

If I can level one complaint at the gameplay, it's awfully strict about requirements to stay in synchronization from time to time, and misleading as well. One mission raged me to no end, where the game kept presenting me a handful of targets, a timer, and an objective to kill them, but the second I so much as knifed one -bam- desynchronized. Again, and again, and again. Took me a while to puzzle out that I wasn't supposed to let anyone else see me kill any of the targets. Game just said to eliminate them quickly...

Another time saw me chasing a target I was required to kill, a message pops up saying to stay in the area, Ezio takes -exactly- one more step while pursuing the -required- target, and -bam- desynchronized.

It's occasionally frustrating, I will say that.

Kazaazz

Dec 23, 2010
The second game stands to be the only game on my 360 that I got every achievement to. I only hope Brotherhood isn't as easy.