Review: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

TAGM

Dec 16, 2008
HalfShadow said:
incal11 said:
The vehicle building part looks straight out of Kingdom hearts;
not a big deal , it was the best part of all KH , and they improved on it.

It's really too bad they didn't stay more faithfull to what the previous games were; looks like they got carried away with the vehicle part.
Plus, Banjo now looks like he has a dick made of hair sticking out his forehead.

He's some sort of dildocorn bear...thing.
I heard that the caracters are made to look like that to emulate how blocky they looked on the N64.
Which I have to call BS on.

darknight910

Apr 15, 2008
TAGM said:
HalfShadow said:
incal11 said:

It's really too bad they didn't stay more faithfull to what the previous games were; looks like they got carried away with the vehicle part.
Plus, Banjo now looks like he has a dick made of hair sticking out his forehead.

I heard that the caracters are made to look like that to emulate how blocky they looked on the N64.
I find it sad that the original 3d artwork that Rare did for Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tootie looked better than the in-game characters in Nuts And Bolts. I played the demo myself and wasn't really impressed with it, the vehicle driving was wonky unintuitive (I was using the blueprints instead of making my own however, so that might be the problem) and it really doesn't feel like a B-K game at all. Maybe... I don't know, Legos: Banjo-Kazooie Edition would have been a better name for the game.

wowcrendor

Feb 19, 2009
I played the demo and had a pretty fun time. You got to drive around and pick up pieces to build your vehicle with. Although it's not the game I grew up with, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

TAGM

Dec 16, 2008
darknight910 said:
TAGM said:
HalfShadow said:
incal11 said:

I find it sad that the original 3d artwork that Rare did for Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tootie looked better than the in-game characters in Nuts And Bolts. I played the demo myself and wasn't really impressed with it, the vehicle driving was wonky unintuitive (I was using the blueprints instead of making my own however, so that might be the problem) and it really doesn't feel like a B-K game at all. Maybe... I don't know, Legos: Banjo-Kazooie Edition would have been a better name for the game.
It is indeed a sad thing. I don't even have to play it to see some of the mistakes, Like the WTF design of the characters (The new ones aparantly done by someone who writes comics involving a anthroamorphic squirel with big jugs in a lab. Mind you, He is still good at making fun of video games, and that squriel is some sort of inside joke.)and the whole "VEICALS ARE IMPORTANT LULZ." Seriously, When I see "Banjo And Kazooie" on something, I expect to see a bird and bear runing around geting golden jigsaw pieces, not playing a cross between scavenger hunt and go-karts.
Wow, I can't even trust rare to make a good game anymore... There goes my hope in hell down the shitter.
P.S. Maybe they SHOULD have made this a lego Banjo-Kazooie. Then at least they'd be able to sell some sort of lego set so you could make your own adventure or something without having to program a game for six months.

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
its actually an extreamly good game especialy with he later parts which if pt togeter right cand make a mega top heavy vehicle stamdnd on a pole and fly without an engine