Review: Bayonetta

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Review: Bayonetta

It's not quite a dominatrix simulator, but it's the closest thing we have.

Read Full Article

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Furburt said:
I was hoping it would be good.

I await the poorly done PC port!
If you liked Devil May Cry and aren't a prude you should have fun with this game. I can only hope for your sake that if a PC port does come that it is good. This game doesn't deserve the shit port treatment.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I remember that everyone were cynical about that game. Good to hear that the gamepley is some sort of extravaganza.

As for the story, the minute you showed the "Guns! Guns! Guns!" part, I knew it was cheesy.

Feb 13, 2008
See, this is why I love political correctness at times.

Because, in defying it, you can literally let your mind run wild without having to worry about needlessly bureaucratic world-shaping.

From the start, Bayonetta showed no comprehension of the words "too much", and this is the awesomeness you get from it.

I just wish I had a PS3 now. The PC version is bound to be looked over :(

rompsku

Oct 2, 2009
A PC Port you say?
Mods perhaps?

Fuck the PS3, getting this on PC fo shizzle!

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Blood, Guts, Gore, Titties winning combinations

QTEs well I think there must be soem sort of law against not including them by now...but Im sure I can deal.

is this a PS3 exclusive or is there a 360 version too?

Edit. Nevermind. now just have to decide which one from this or darksiders to play first!

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
It's true, the combat is fun and outrageously over the top. However the J-pop music for every single fight gets incredibly annoying and getting a death every time you failed a single cutscene QTE was making me wish we still had wires on our controllers so I could just strangle myself.

Feb 13, 2008
Furburt said:
But when a cross console game is very successful, it quite often gets ported to PC. And it's usually terrible.

Case in point: Resident Evil 4.
And Saints Row 2, GTA IV, etc. etc. etc.

cross-ports are usually awful.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
crotalidian said:
Blood, Guts, Gore, Titties winning combinations

QTEs well I think there must be soem sort of law against not including them by now...but Im sure I can deal.

is this a PS3 exclusive or is there a 360 version too?

Edit. Nevermind. now just have to decide which one from this or darksiders to play first!
Darksiders should be arriving in the mail today! Gamefly FTW! :) Although I honestly don't expect much from Darksiders. Bayonetta happened to be largely exactly what I expected from Kamiya, I should have more detailed thoughts on this game later on today.

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
Yassen said:
It's true, the combat is fun and outrageously over the top. However the J-pop music for every single fight gets incredibly annoying and getting a death every time you failed a single cutscene QTE was making me wish we still had wires on our controllers so I could just strangle myself.
Yeah I agree. Also the PS3 version has long loading times and small ones even when you pick up an item, so if that annoys you, get the 360 version.

Edit: Wait a minute that guy has my avatar or vice versa. I'm annoyed.

onioftheash

Mar 7, 2009
What i dont understand is if they can make Bayonetta so good then why wasnt there more time put into Devil May Cry 4?

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I must get this game. Maybe not now, maybe not next week, but eventually it will be mine. I wasn't expecting the gameplay to be so fantastic, and quite frankly, I need a little something like this to fill the void of third-person action games in my 360 collection.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Random Argument Man said:
I remember that everyone were cynical about that game. Good to hear that the gamepley is some sort of extravaganza.

As for the story, the minute you showed the "Guns! Guns! Guns!" part, I knew it was cheesy.
Where? I'm still cynical about the BDSM simulator. Just because the reviewers get carried away by the fan service...
*grumbles off into his box*

messy

Dec 3, 2008
onioftheash said:
What i dont understand is if they can make Bayonetta so good then why wasnt there more time put into Devil May Cry 4?
I liked DMC4, when you were play as Nero...