Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mystery of Little Riddle

People die, and yet, it's still funny.

Read Full Article

Zahri

Dec 15, 2008
Seems... Interesting, to say the least. Not quite sure to make of the funny though, from what i saw in the video itself, there was none to be had... Except for the priest though. And the puzzles seem too simple. o.o Does it have atleast a moderate difficulty curve?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Zahri said:
Seems... Interesting, to say the least. Not quite sure to make of the funny though, from what i saw in the video itself, there was none to be had... Except for the priest though. And the puzzles seem too simple. o.o Does it have atleast a moderate difficulty curve?
Depends entirely on how good you are at puzzles, really. Some are real stumpers, others you'll just breeze on through. And the mysteries, as I said, are super easy.

As for the humor, it's not something that's obvious from just a second here and there. You kind of have to absorb the entire thing. But if you found the vicar funny, you'll find the rest of the game funny.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
So let's see, we get the monocled "Murhdurh" line right off the bat, a twisted priest who must be watching this season of Lost (what with sunken islands and such) and goofy graphics. It's a rental at the very least. Do they still rent games? It's been like 5 years since I've done that.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Yeah, ive played this. Cute little multiplatyer feature too which is great for parties involving drinkeness.

So quaint, and sterotypically British lol

Zahri

Dec 15, 2008
Moriarty70 said:
So let's see, we get the monocled "Murhdurh" line right off the bat, a twisted priest who must be watching this season of Lost (what with sunken islands and such) and goofy graphics. It's a rental at the very least. Do they still rent games? It's been like 5 years since I've done that.
O.O I was quoted by Susan Arendt on the escapist! ;.; It feels as though I've been touched by a GOD -cries tears of joy-

That being said, i suppose it may be worth a rental, but I'm too lazy to see what it's on. ^^

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Moriarty70 said:
a twisted priest who must be watching this season of Lost (what with sunken islands and such)
This makes me very sad. It's subtle, but it's a pretty awesome reference when you realize what it is. It's definitely not Lost though.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Huh...
Actually... this does sound interesting... not so much for the gameplay... but... that priest... it sounded like he was trying to set up a branch of the Esoteric Order of Dagon in whatever town the game takes place in.

EDIT:
Which is hilarious.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Slycne said:
Moriarty70 said:
a twisted priest who must be watching this season of Lost (what with sunken islands and such)
This makes me very sad. It's subtle, but it's a pretty awesome reference when you realize what it is. It's definitely not Lost though.
To be fair, this is the first time I've even heard of the game, have Lost on the brain, and meant it as a positive thing as oddball characters have been enough to sell me on games before. Anyone else remember the most recent Bard's Tale? The interplay between Elwes and Jay alone was a blast.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Zahri said:
Moriarty70 said:
O.O I was quoted by Susan Arendt on the escapist! ;.; It feels as though I've been touched by a GOD -cries tears of joy-

That being said, i suppose it may be worth a rental, but I'm too lazy to see what it's on. ^^
Whelp, I'm boned. Looks like it's a PSN game. I'll just have to stick with my talking dog and antropomorphized rabbity thingy.

Triaed

Not Gone Gonzo
Jan 16, 2009
Looks interesting and funny, but darn it's episodic. I don't want a future commitment or spend more money in it to know how it unfolds. Hmm... I will have to ponder it since I trust the Nerd Queen's reviews

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Susan Arendt What does it play on?

There I told my head shrink I'd talk to a woman and I did. That didn't come off creepy at all.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Slycne said:
Moriarty70 said:
I'm not sure, but to me it seems that the game is trying to hint that the priest is some sort of Cthulhu-worshiper. I played Call of Cthulhu and kind of remember something like that, but i may be wrong.

And also, the game looks fun.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
CURSE YOU PS3 EXCLUSIVITY!

I want this game so much, why oh why did I choose the 360? I don't even like Halo!

(Oh yeah, it was cheaper at the time...)

It's like a cartoony version of Midsomer Murders meets Hot Fuzz. I approve.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
I'll have to blackmail persuade my brother to get it so that I can go on it when I go over to his place. It's such a shame that it's not on XBLA, I've been wanting to play a decent puzzle game for a while now, instead of the constant stream of shooters.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
IceStar100 said:
Susan Arendt What does it play on?

There I told my head shrink I'd talk to a woman and I did. That didn't come off creepy at all.
It's a PS3 exclusive. You can download it from the PSN store.