Review: Blue Toad Murder Files: The Mystery of Little Riddle

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
That priest must worship Sheogorath the mad god. Which makes him awesome, what platform is this for?

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
fanklok said:
That priest must worship Sheogorath the mad god. Which makes him awesome, what platform is this for?
Susan Arendt said:
It's a PS3 exclusive. You can download it from the PSN store.
Why do I get the impression half the people posting haven't actually read either the article or the posts before them? >.>

Sounds like an amusing game. I'll have to pass given I skipped this console generation entirely, but it's nice to see the PS3 being used for something completely different from chainsaw guns and air strikes and such.

Sepiida

Jan 25, 2010
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, oops sorry." That busted me up. Cthulhu fhtagn!

Shame it's a PS3 exclusive. Seems like the kind of quirky game I'd enjoy immensely. An enjoyable review as always Susan. Keep up the great work!

thepopeofatheism

Jul 14, 2008
You know, I downloaded the three-pack on Susan's recommendation and I have to say.

This game is pure comedy.
Knee-slappingly hilarious.

Particularly the after-puzzle commentary:

"Oh look, you've finished. And in the same year you started! Oh, and not only were you slow, you were incompetent, too. Here, this bronze medal represents our contempt for you."

"You've earned this gold medal. Now do take this opportunity to look as smug as possible."

There's something about British sarcasm that just really gets to me.

Thank you, Mrs Arendt.

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
Well It seems very British and I love me some British comedy hell The Mighty Boosh made my ring tone (guess what song and it's not a crimp) so I will buy it or more likely throw money at my friend and get him to buy it when we all gather and play this.

This should be a nice break from the day to day violence of gaming, kind of like when I got little big planet and declared it my vacation from violent games. That was one hell of a month but that's also another story for another time. *walks over and hugs his ps3* Don't you ever change...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
thepopeofatheism said:
You know, I downloaded the three-pack on Susan's recommendation and I have to say.

This game is pure comedy.
Knee-slappingly hilarious.

Particularly the after-puzzle commentary:

"Oh look, you've finished. And in the same year you started! Oh, and not only were you slow, you were incompetent, too. Here, this bronze medal represents our contempt for you."

"You've earned this gold medal. Now do take this opportunity to look as smug as possible."

There's something about British sarcasm that just really gets to me.

Thank you, Mrs Arendt.
Mrs Arendt is me mum. ;)

Very, very glad to hear you enjoyed the game. The comedy is just pure, pure gold.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Ha, that's pretty awesome. A Cthulhu worshipper maskerading as a regular Christian priest? Why has no one thought of that before? It's pure genius!

Alas,

Moriarty70 said:
Whelp, I'm boned. Looks like it's a PSN game. I'll just have to stick with my talking dog and antropomorphized rabbity thingy.
Even so, season 3 is out and I haven't even bought season 2, grumble grumble...

RebekahWSD

Apr 15, 2009
Only for the PS3? Noooo, I'll never know the joys of the First Church of Dagon. I'm all sad now :(

kidigus

Nov 17, 2009
No offnce. But if susans' voice was a little higher piched, she would sound just like Moira form Fallout 3.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
The priest sounds awesome. I'd get the game if I had access to the PSN. Alas, I'm still stuck in the last console generation due to a lack of funds.

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
Good review, and the game looks pretty good too. I would have let this slip me by if it hadn't been for your recommendation. All i need to do now is buy a PS3, they're like £50 these days, right???

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I'm watching clips from it right now. If you love abusing adjectives, you'll find it as hilarious as I do.