Review: Brainpipe: A Plunge to Unhumanity

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Review: Brainpipe: A Plunge to Unhumanity

Put this in your (brain)pipe and smoke it.

Read Full Article

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
That sounds pretty cool, although my video didn't work.
I may give it a go when my ISP lets me download things again.

Woem

May 28, 2009
I wonder how this game is different from Missile Game 3D [http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/games/missilegame3d], a flash game that is many years old. I would definitely not pay $15 to add sound effects to that game.

And unhumanity isn't an existing word.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
But the real question is this: Is an acid trip going to be any cheaper than $15?
But the real question is this: can you choose to stop tripping when it becomes too much?

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
randommaster said:
But the real question is this: can you choose to stop tripping when it becomes too much?
I dunno.
Do I look like a drug user to you?
Well, Lelouche would be all like, "You are on drugs!" And you would start tripping out because the Geas would mess with your brain, then he'd be like, "I'm going to do the same thing I do every night: try to take over the world!" And then the Pinky and the Brain theme song comes on and everything is just really confusing because you that you were watching anime.

Does that answer your question.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
randommaster said:
Well, Lelouche would be all like, "You are on drugs!" And you would start tripping out because the Geas would mess with your brain, then he'd be like, "I'm going to do the same thing I do every night: try to take over the world!" And then the Pinky and the Brain theme song comes on and everything is just really confusing because you that you were watching anime.

Does that answer your question.
...Not particularly, no.
It does make me wonder why you asked me about drugs, though.
So I guess you could say it just reinforced my question.
I could go on, but I'd get into trouble for derailing this thread.

At least with this game, you only have to pay for it once, though.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
And that's enough banter about your personal use of recreational pharmaceuticals, gang.

Back on track...

This game reminds me vividly of the bacon river levels in Tempest 2000. I wonder if Jeff Minter was an influence on the devs.

BakaSmurf

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2008
...Wow, I think my brain just esplodeded...

Looks interesting, too bad I can't be arsed to ever try out anything that I saw on the internet...

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
xmetatr0nx said:
This looks like an over glorified screen saver or itunes visualiser...

I guess i could see the fun in it, would be somewhat interesting to attempt playing it blind if you have a trained ear for music (which i do). Although something about the monotonous straight ahead movements and mellow new-age sounding music that would probably put me to sleep, specially if playing this to distract myself at work.

Someone mentioned dropping acid would probably be cheaper, and youre right its street value is about 5-10 dollars a tab, same with extasy...
That's a wee bit harsh. The game design is challenging in its own right if you intend to do something besides stare at the screen and drool.

It's a synethesia game. Like Rez, the developers have to balance between people who enjoy the visuals and sounds coordinating with their input but don't want challenge and the ones who expect it to behave like a normal game. Off the top of my head, this is maybe the fifth game that actually manages the hole Kandinsky thing decently.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Just came here to say that this game has a Freudian interpretation that is more about returning to the womb than taking LSD. I think that Rez had the same thing going along with the ending of 2001.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
Someone mentioned dropping acid would probably be cheaper, and youre right its street value is about 5-10 dollars a tab, same with extasy...
The more you know!

*ahem* Sorry, had to do it.