Review: Burn Zombie Burn!

darknight910

Apr 15, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
That Duke Nukem reference was just painful...
It wasn't a Duke Nukem reference, it was actually from the movie "They Live" and was said by "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. And I'm guessing they named the main character after Bruce Campbell of Evil Dead fame.

pwsaindon

Apr 3, 2009
Jordan Deam:
Is it so much to ask for a game to make some God damn sense?

Thank God you are not a designer. If I had a penny for every time game play suffered because something had to "make sense" I'd be a rich man.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
"why would a game about survival go out of its way to award reckless behavior?"

BECAUSE IT'S CALLED BURN ZOMBIE BURN - IT'S AN ARCADE GAME, NOT A SURVIVAL HORROR!

pwsaindon said:
Jordan Deam:
Is it so much to ask for a game to make some God damn sense?

Thank God you are not a designer. If I had a penny for every time game play suffered because something had to "make sense" I'd be a rich man.
THANK YOU - Besides, does this make sense anyway? If you were trying to survive zombies, why would you even bother shooting them? Just run the fuck away! If you're crazy enough to stick around and slaughter all of them, WHY NOT light them on fire and make it MORE FUN.

FluxCapacitor

Apr 9, 2009
0olong said:
Killing zombies on fire RAISES your multiplier. Play the game or read before you say anything.

...(bunch of reviews that don't prove your point)...

Obviously you're wrong, I don't mean to sound rude, but you are.
I actually registered to correct this, as it seems no one else is game to. I have played this game, and you are so wrong that it hurts to watch. The way it breaks down is this -

Burn zombies to raise multiplier (they burn for like 40 seconds)
Kill zombies to gain points x multiplier
kill burning zombies to gain more points x multiplier, but also lower multiplier

So every time you kill a burning zombie, it lowers the multiplier for all successive zombies. The only way to get full multiplier for all of the burning zombies is to kill them all simultaneously. And that's where the explosives come in - they are area effect weapons, and only really get good after you upgrade them. Enter the strategy element.

This is what those reviews were describing, with more or less clarity. If you're going to be rude, at least have the courtesy to be right.

0olong

Apr 1, 2009
FluxCapacitor said:
0olong said:
Killing zombies on fire RAISES your multiplier. Play the game or read before you say anything.

...(bunch of reviews that don't prove your point)...

Obviously you're wrong, I don't mean to sound rude, but you are.
I actually registered to correct this, as it seems no one else is game to. I have played this game, and you are so wrong that it hurts to watch. The way it breaks down is this -

Burn zombies to raise multiplier (they burn for like 40 seconds)
Kill zombies to gain points x multiplier
kill burning zombies to gain more points x multiplier, but also lower multiplier

So every time you kill a burning zombie, it lowers the multiplier for all successive zombies. The only way to get full multiplier for all of the burning zombies is to kill them all simultaneously. And that's where the explosives come in - they are area effect weapons, and only really get good after you upgrade them. Enter the strategy element.

This is what those reviews were describing, with more or less clarity. If you're going to be rude, at least have the courtesy to be right.
You have to have them on fire in the first place to have a multiplier. If you have no burning zombies you won't have a multiplier. Did I say anything about the multiplier staying up after the burned zombies were gone? If you want to be rude go right ahead.I also apologized if i sounded rude... you seem to want to be so don't jump on the courteous train unless you plan on acting courteous.

recidivus

May 20, 2009
No, you did not say anything about the multiplier staying after the burned zombies were gone. He was correcting this statement:
0olong said:
Which is completely incorrect. It will raise your score, but your multiplier WILL go down as you kill burning zombies. It will not RAISE it as you said. All the articles you quoted state this clearly.

Obviosuly you are wrong, I don't mean to sound rude but you are.