Review: Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Review: Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

Earnest Cavalli has a heartfelt discussion with Che Guevara about the merits of bringing real time strategy to a console, and whether EA is trying to rip of Command and Conquer fans.

Read Full Article

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
*edit*

Nevermind the last bit, I was angry and it's based on other issues. I've got my own opinions on the topic of Che and take all of this with a grain of salt.

Keep the stupid coffee mugs. Laugh about the t-shirts. That crazy f*** murdered women, children, innocents, and anyone else for his beliefs.

There's a difference between celebrating a belief and enforcing it.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Yes L.B. that was the point. It was as much a criticism of the ubiquitous and inappropriate adulation assigned to the man's visage as much as it was of Kane's Wrath.
I'm just surprised it only took three comments for someone to get outraged.

williamjg

Jul 3, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
*edit*

Nevermind the last bit, I was angry and it's based on other issues. I've got my own opinions on the topic of Che and take all of this with a grain of salt.

Keep the stupid coffee mugs. Laugh about the t-shirts. That crazy f*** murdered women, children, innocents, and anyone else for his beliefs.

you have a point. i dont really like the way people idolise him and wear his t-shirts... but they are usualy ignorant of what he actually did. still for sake of humour i thought it really worked well.

are you going to review more games like this except with different historical figures in? because that would rock.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
williamjg said:
you have a point. i dont really like the way people idolise him and wear his t-shirts... but they are usualy ignorant of what he actually did. still for sake of humour i thought it really worked well.

are you going to review more games like this except with different historical figures in? because that would rock.
Napoleon and S.T.A.L.K.E.R: It was the Russians fault!

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Earnest Cavalli said:
Yes L.B. that was the point. It was as much a criticism of the ubiquitous and inappropriate adulation assigned to the man's visage as much as it was of Kane's Wrath.
I'm just surprised it only took three comments for someone to get outraged.
Yeah, I kinda figured I was getting whiny in the original "OMFG" post. Just trimmed it down to the basic gripe.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
How very, very odd. I think I have to buy this game to see if it can get any of my shirts talking to me....

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
Are you saying Kane's Wrath releases hallucinogens when you play it? Is that what this is all about? Yeah, Che killed a bunch of people, but hardly any world leader isn't responsible for the death of a bunch of people, directly or indirectly. Nowadays he's mostly just a t-shirt : P

OurGloriousLeader

May 14, 2008
L.B. Jeffries said:
*edit*

That's a vast over-simplification. Che Guevara oversaw the execution of hundreds of people, but these people were guilty of various crimes. I don't agree with the death penalty, but you make it sound like he just wandered out and killed random people he didn't like the look of. Not true.

There's a lot hero worship around him. Don't make it worse by making him sound like Satan.

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
OurGloriousLeader said:
That's a vast over-simplification. Che Guevara oversaw the execution of hundreds of people, but these people were guilty of various crimes. I don't agree with the death penalty, but you make it sound like he just wandered out and killed random people he didn't like the look of. Not true.

There's a lot hero worship around him. Don't make it worse by making him sound like Satan.
We have very, very different definitions of the word "crime".

Nothing good is going to come out of us debating over that guy or the chaos he caused. I think we can at least both agree that he sure as hell shouldn't be on a t-shirt.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
Dectilon said:
Are you saying Kane's Wrath releases hallucinogens when you play it? Is that what this is all about?
That is likely, in order to cover up the stench of suck that just pours from the screen when you play it...

very poor, stale, and dated game play mechanics coupled with dated graphics ontop of just the amount of nostalgia the jammed into this thing... it is not all that good of a game in my oppinon.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
One of these days I'm going to go around and speak the following sentence to anyone I find wearing one of those shirts:

"Che Guevara would put a bullet in your head for wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt."

Still, I like the spin the review puts on the standard reviewing process. I would have similar conversations with my T-shirts, but they all have wolves on them, and I shudder to think what kind of discussion THAT would lead to. Nicely done, Señor Cavalli.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
The Rogue Wolf said:
"Che Guevara would put a bullet in your head for wearing a Che Guevara T-shirt."
I've said it more than enough times. I have a friend who idolises him, has seen The Motorcycle Diaries many many times, but when I said it to him, he said: "I know. I like the irony in wearing a capitalist-made shirt with his image on it. I know he's a mass-murderer, but he embodies an ideal, and very few people have ever managed that."

Genius review, though. Brilliant usage of dialogue between characters to put across a point... very Socratic. More of this sort of thing!

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Bought the game as soon as it came out, finished it under a week and then I was bored. Nothing special, nothing new and there was not much of a difference between the 3 army's too me!

I still prefer Generals.

Limasol

Feb 8, 2008
I love this game me...
I bought the original on PC and enjoyed it despite EA ripping Nod to pieces replacing it with this new thing. I Bought this on 360 and im glad cos my PC ran the original in slow-mo and the control scheme rules, not only that but because i got each for a meager £25 i basically paid for one game when i bought both.

4 players only is a bit disappointing but otherwise a fun game. Neither will ever be as good as it could have been though.....damn EA

H0ncho

Feb 4, 2008
That's a vast over-simplification. Che Guevara oversaw the execution of hundreds of people, but these people were guilty of various crimes.
Yes - "crimes" like listening to rock music, being homosexual and wanting democracy.