Review: Dante's Inferno

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Remember, God of War basically took devil may cry's combat and then added puzzles.

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
Ooh, admission of plagiarism... better make sure no-one from your school reads that, or they might take your degree away! (they can do that, you know... but usually only for Doctoral candidates)

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
EH. Seems a waste of money for me if God of War 3's coming out soon. Though if you;ve only got a 360 then go for it I suppose

In Limbo

Nov 4, 2008
Good review, but your enunciation and emphasis are off in the video supplement. Relax, take your time, be one with the punctuation. :)

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
AC10 said:
Remember, God of War basically took devil may cry's combat and then added puzzles.
Still amazes me how people always say X is ripping of GoW, when DMC did it way before hand, heck even DMC had puzzles to a certain degree.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Irish Soulface said:
note to self avoid lust deamons....
The lust deamons are easily amongst the most challenging and annoying. They're definitely the 'oh for god sake, not more of them' enemies.

Pirce

Nov 5, 2008
elvor0 said:
AC10 said:
Still amazes me how people always say X is ripping of GoW, when DMC did it way before hand, heck even DMC had puzzles to a certain degree.
Same here, and GoW isn't even a good DMC rip off.

paralost

Aug 7, 2009
this game screams MEH to me. i mean whats the point of calling it Dante's Inferno if it only barely resembles what its based from. you know like most Mario games. but seriously its like the game wimped out on its hardcore stance. so killing unbaptized babies is cool but murdering murderers, rapists and homosexuals isn't... got it now i know where the line is. i wished this game would've grew some balls; than again they probably wouldn't have gotten away with it because everyone is a freaking tosser and anything controversial would enrage the sheep masses, but it still would've been worth a try. it's like scary chicks and creepy setting seen it in silent hill, boobs seen it in other games (which btw is no longer being edgy...just being idk mature or maybe just a poser) and you know real life. the only reason i'd get this game is because it looks (visually) good and that always peaks a small interest. but i could be wrong and welcome a discussion on my bashing...you know if anyone cares.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
To get through Fraud, you are faced with 10 successive challenges such as killing all enemies without resetting your combo meter or taking out enemies in the air. The game felt so organic up until then that being confronted with such artificial gameplay constraints which didn't inform the story or the setting made it feel like the designers ran out of ideas.
Did it make you feel cheated?

As if this whole part of the game was... a fraud?

Well, sadly I doubt I'll be able to play this on the foreseeable future, so I won't be able to write my review in terza rima.

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
Personally, I love this game. very few games give so much motivation to finish. and the designs of each circle of hell are so interesting and in-depth I can't wait to see how each next circle looks. The story is equally compelling, the gameplay (to me at least) is flawless. its fun, i love hack and slash, its challenging enough to not be fun and not a total pain in the ass (god of war, wink wink..or maybe i just suck..i dunno) point is im very happy with the game.

my only problem was, i got a code with the "divine edition" for PS3 that gives me exclusive extras for free and the code doesn't fucking work. it tells me to recheck it or its no longer valid. sooo..wtf?!

apart from that, fukn eh! great game. currently, i just finished the Lust Tower and having to climb and swing across these things that look like sphincters blowing fire.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'm gonna rent it. Had a decent time with the demo.

It'll hold me over until my friend is done with the copy of Bayonetta I lent him. This guy is gonna do ALL the difficulties. Which is just asking for punishment.

Irish Soulface

Sep 18, 2008
Christemo said:
Irish Soulface said:
you cant. they will use their super stinger vaginas to make you gay.

the Hoarder-Wasters are the worst tho. they hit so hard, its hard as hell to stop their spinning and they have a considerable amount of health.

btw, its dAemons, not deamons.
thank you grammer police

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Irish Soulface said:
Christemo said:
Irish Soulface said:

the Hoarder-Wasters are the worst tho. they hit so hard, its hard as hell to stop their spinning and they have a considerable amount of health.

thank you grammer police
i wasnt correcting your grammar, silly. you just made a typo, and i wanted to correct it.

Irish Soulface

Sep 18, 2008
Christemo said:
Irish Soulface said:
Christemo said:
Irish Soulface said:

thank you grammer police

i wasnt correcting your grammar, silly. you just made a typo, and i wanted to correct it.
oh don't worry about it, honestly it doesn't matter, didn't think my comment would get that much attention... p.s: that was a pretty fast reply lol

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
Irish Soulface said:
Christemo said:
Irish Soulface said:
Christemo said:
Irish Soulface said:

thank you grammer police

oh don't worry about it, honestly it doesn't matter, didn't think my comment would get that much attention... p.s: that was a pretty fast reply lol
i didnt know i replied that fast, since im constantly jumping around sites other than the Escapist, so i dont really keep myself that much up to date.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
That the gameplay would be a 70% carbon copy of God of War was predictable from the moment the demo became available, but as I've said time and time again, there are worse genetic templates to work with whe cloning a game... and as you correctly pointed out, the real star of the game is hell itself. To me, hell is a far more interesting setting to be visually realized than Greek mythology, anyway.

I, for one, don't regret getting this game on launch day. Once I'm done with AvP, I'll go for a second playthrough as Isaac Clarke. ^^