Review: Donkey Kong Country Returns

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Swifteye said:
I remember reading a long time ago that they planned on making a vectorman game but it was turned down when there was some legal trouble with the character design. Turns out vectorman resembled another very green looking hero and canned it's release for the ps2.
http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/gallery/vectorman/Vectorman_E3_Screen13.jpg

this is master chief with a light saber

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
I've actually been waiting and complaining about a new donky kong country game. Though I wonder why is it on the wii and not (for example) on the DS?

Then again I was more whining about a remake of the old series from the SNES for the DS. Since those three (especially 1 and 2) are so entertaining.

Alas. I guess I'll just have to pop them in my old Snes when I'm home instead on the go.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Susan doesn't watch "Until We Win" by any chance does she? The line "You're going to die... a lot" sounds familiar.

OT: This does look like fun, and the list of Wii games I'm interested in grows by 1. My dad has a Wii, but he never uses it. If I steal it he may not notice.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
I don't have a Wii and I have a fully working SNES and DKC for it so not getting this but I'm still happy that the game seems awesome.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Played this a few months ago at the Eurogamer Expo, had a blast with it. There's absolutely no way in hell this was going to be any less than amazing.

Because it was developed by Retro Studios (might want to edit that in the description btw) a.k.a the developers of the Metroid Prime series. I don't know how much their level design and art teams get paid, but whatever it is, it isn't enough.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
teh_Canape said:
I may look like a douche or something here...

but in my opinion, there can't be Donkey Kong Country without Vectorman

*vectorman remake, sega? lay sonic off and bring up the green balls guy?"
THIS GUY!! THIS GUY RIGHT HERE^^^^^

SOMEONE HIRE HIM PLEASE!!!

Also remake Beyond Oasis

BrainWalker

Aug 6, 2009
team star pug said:
The game looks good, but god escapist please replace the reviewer, as her voice drives me nuts and the way she says puns or asks retoricle questions is really annoying.
Really? Someone should lose their job because you, personally, have superficial problems with material they produce that is merely supplemental to their traditional written review? That's pretty harsh, man.

Also, 'cause I can't resist: It's "rhetorical."

loremazd

Dec 20, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
team star pug said:
The game looks good, but god escapist please replace the reviewer, as her voice drives me nuts and the way she says puns or asks retoricle questions is really annoying.
Yeah, not terribly likely, I'm afraid. Don't watch the video, then, just read.
Sorry Susan, but Russ' hands are tied. One guy on the internet does not approve, and goodness knows the best business model is to ask for unanimous approval from the internet on everything.

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
BrainWalker said:
team star pug said:
Really? Someone should lose their job because you, personally, have superficial problems with material they produce that is merely supplemental to their traditional written review? That's pretty harsh, man.

Also, 'cause I can't resist: It's "rhetorical."
Im just saying she has a really annoying voice. If she writes the reviews, okay, but just get another person for the video review.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Grr...my 2D platformer boycott (not because I hate them, but because I want more 3D platformers) is being tested. I could really use a challenging game to make me throw controllers around.

BrainWalker

Aug 6, 2009
team star pug said:
I'm just saying she has a really annoying voice. If she writes the reviews, okay, but just get another person for the video review.
That's much more reasonable. I still disagree, but much more respectfully this time.