Review: Dragon Age: Origins

Pyotr Romanov

Jul 8, 2009
Slycne said:
TooMiserableToLive said:
FloodOne said:
TooMiserableToLive said:
Ugh, why couldn't they delay MW2? Now people will be going "what the hell man?! Why didn't you buy mw2?! Best game evaaaaahh!!" at me while I try to play a nice rpg.

Should finish demon's souls first, though.

Also, is this gonna be moddable? Will the graphics suck (will not really look too good) on ps3 as well? Been wondering if I should get it on the ps3 or computer. Mods > trophies.
If mods mean more than trophies, go with the PC version.
Are you sure there will be mods? Mass effect didn't get any, though that was a different engine ofcourse. I'm just hoping it might get a big mod-/fanbase like oblivion got.
Yes there will be mods and player created content. [http://dragonage.bioware.com/toolset/]
PC it is then.
Thank you so much.

Amalith

Mar 29, 2009
Well, you seemed to confirm my desire to pick this game up, despite the apparently lackluster amount of character customization options.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
I just bought it off steam. Now i have to wait until friday to play it. its going to be worth it though

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I'm pleased to see the GiantBomb people agree with you (http://www.giantbomb.com/dragon-age-origins/61-20738/reviews/) - though they said that its abit more old 'skool' than most people would expect. And, yay, the Dragon Age rule set is less complex than the D&D ones, like I've hoped.

bigdaddy95

Jun 30, 2009
Well I am patient when it comes to graphics ( I have sat through Two Worlds), it is game control and its mechanics that put me off ( I will never be a mage on Morrowind), so I think I can roll with 360 here. My 360 is suprisingly durable as it has only broke once, my computer on the other hand barely plays guild wars well, and THAT it not tolerable. As for the mentioned cluster of party command: I don't think I will be any better on a pc than I am on a console for that, but I think I could do much better with a pad in my hands and yes, I know I could just buy a computer pad but then I am shooting myself in the foot in more ways than one.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
TooMiserableToLive said:
Ugh, why couldn't they delay MW2?
I think if they did that, there would be a lot of game companies wetting their pants, considering many of the games scheduled to be released before christmas were delayed so they didn't coincide with Modern Warfare 2.

I must admit, I never really gave this game much attention to be honest. It looks like the WRPG's answer to Final Fantasy XII, and I loved that game; it even has gambits, or their variation of. I've already got Borderlands ready for after exams are over, I still have to finish off Fallout 3 and I really want to finally get around to playing Half-Life, but if I find the time, I'll certainly give this game some consideration.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
bigdaddy95 said:
Well I am patient when it comes to graphics ( I have sat through Two Worlds)....
Wait, you stand though that for...? ;)

Kuhly

Oct 22, 2009
Now i know what I'm spending my tax return on. After paying the mounting bills

high_castle

Apr 15, 2009
The graphics are stunning on my 360 with my plasma screen. I can't imagine what the reviewer was playing it with, as I see no problems at all. And it's definitely better than what I'd be able to manage on my lackluster PC. I've only played about 5 hours or so now, but I have to say, this game is quickly becoming a favorite. BioWare never disappoints, I must say.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Review: Dragon Age: Origins

Could Dragon Age: Origins possibly be as good as everyone hoped it would be? Yep.

Read Full Article
Was that a Emperors New Groove reference at the end?

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
After the initial nightmare of trying to get the DLCs and Collector Edition stuff from the overloaded BioWare servers, all I can say is that Dragon Age was beyond my expectation, the combat is so amazing that I doubt I'll ever go back to D&D 'crappy' combat system again. Playing as a Mage has never been his damn fun.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Hmm... I've been hearing about this game more and more and now think that it will take a higher priority for my Xbox than MW2. Even though my old MW1 copy broke months ago.

My favorite kind of game is a brilliantly pulled off RPG and Dragon Age from what I've heard seems to fit the bill. Good to hear it lived up to expectations.

infinisynth

The man
Jul 31, 2009
I've got it for PS3, and i'm here to tell you all that I was impressed with the graphics. From what i've read and heard from reviews I was expecting much worse. You won't be disappointed with the graphics on the PS3 version.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
So they used the Baulder's Gate style of getting from place to place, eh? That's cool. It's good to hear that the game didn't fall prey to mediocrity. I'll be sure to pick it up for compy.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
Alright, definitely not a rental then?

I'll probably pick it up sometime around chrimbo, Which means i'm gonna be way behind on story and whatnot... damn.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
TooMiserableToLive said:
Also, is this gonna be moddable? Mods > trophies.
I saw the druid, with her hair blocking her nipples, and the first thing to cross my mind was, "that's going to get modded in a heart beat. Like, the first mod anyone will manage will be a topless druid mod. It'll progress from there, but, that's sure to be mod 1.0. :)

(I dunno if there will be. Only what there will should there be mods. ;) )

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I picked this up tonight for the PC...

I sat down at 8...and have just been able to pull myself away from it.

I love the classic overhead view (like from Baulder's Gate, Diablo, NWN, etc...), and for the PC at least the graphics are fantastic.

The only downside I've come across so far is that being a mage it makes a little difficult to run at the head of the group...so I have to play as the current tank until the fighting gets underway, and then flip back to my mage. Not a game breaker, but maybe I'm missing something in the tactics in terms of formations or something.

Anyway, cheers, the game's great so far.

Poomanchu745

Sep 11, 2009
I got the game today on steam (PC) and have put in around 4 hours so far and have to say that I think Bioware has lived up to all expectations and created another classic RPG. It is amazing the amount of voice acting that had to go into this game since there are lots of cut scenes to add to the story while the game is 80+ hours long. This game truly amazes me and it makes me sad I have to log off for the night to get sleep. Can't wait to see whats in store tomorrow. This game is EPIC!