Review: Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Review: Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Eat Lead is an amazing game, much like the way Evil Dead 2 is an amazing horror movie.

Read Full Article

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
That sounds pretty good. I'll have to try it.

Also, Dr. Horrible's doing the voice of the Big Bad, right?

Milkman Dan

Sep 11, 2008
When reading this review, I was reminded of Serious Sam. I don't play a lot of FPS games, but I thought that one was pretty crazy.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Copter400 said:
That sounds pretty good. I'll have to try it.

Also, Dr. Horrible's doing the voice of the Big Bad, right?
Yep. Neil Patrick Harris is awesome :)

pyromcr said:
this is like 50 cents game, stupid, but you just have to play it!!!
But this is so much better. NPH>50 cent

Disembodied_Dave

The Could-Have-Been-King
Feb 5, 2009
This game makes me want to buy a ps3 or 360, but bah no money for a new system.

Think it will ever come out on the PC?

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
I don't get why a game with a premise like that seems to have standard third person shooter mechanics instead of, say, letting you flatten enemies by jumping on them and other kinds of 8-bit crazyness. I mean, COVER? In a game that's supposed to parody old gaming clichees? I don't see Bill Rizer and Lance Bean using cover!

Now if they want the ultimate parody they could replace Matt with a robot in the European version.

darknight910

Apr 15, 2008
KDR_11k said:
I don't get why a game with a premise like that seems to have standard third person shooter mechanics instead of, say, letting you flatten enemies by jumping on them and other kinds of 8-bit crazyness. I mean, COVER? In a game that's supposed to parody old gaming clichees? I don't see Bill Rizer and Lance Bean using cover!

Now if they want the ultimate parody they could replace Matt with a robot in the European version.
In the first level, Matt comments on why he can't jump in this game when he could in his older games. I think they created the cover system purposely to poke fun at how most games nowadays throw out the jump button or rarely use it at all.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
I wholeheartedly agree with the review. Perhaps this is a good example of an awesomely bad game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.96202?page=4], though in Eat Lead's case, most of it is entirely intentional.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Just not interested in it.

I play a game for the gameplay. Just because a game takes the mick out of other games, if the gameplay isn't solid it ends up being the joke.

The Simpsons Game. I rest my case.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Eipok Kruden said:
But this is so much better. NPH>50 cent
Saying something is better than a 50 cent game is like saying its better than raw sewage to the mouth ;)