Review: Endless Ocean: Blue World

UtopiaV1

Feb 8, 2009
Great review dude, extensive and informative, plus (as an added bonus) entertaining!

This is exactly how reviewing games should be. Good job, plus the game looks very pretty and fun too.

Chimaera

Niche Game Fangirl
Oct 28, 2005
Snotnarok said:
Crap this reminds me of that PSOne game that totally escapes me at the moment. Probably because it's the only other diving game I know of, but still it reminds me of it and that's important..to me.
Diver's Dream?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Chimaera said:
Snotnarok said:
Crap this reminds me of that PSOne game that totally escapes me at the moment. Probably because it's the only other diving game I know of, but still it reminds me of it and that's important..to me.
Diver's Dream?
Treasures of the Deep! Had a demo disc of with that on it, I played it often but never got it.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Echolocating said:
AC10 said:
Welcome to one of the several reasons the escapist never should have bothered with review scores. The comments are going to be swamped with squabbling over why it got a 60 instead of a 70 or why something got an 80 when it was "so totally a 90".
Just to clear one thing up though... I don't really care if Greg Tito liked or hated the game. I was just confused by what I thought was a really positive review coupled with a surprisingly mediocre score. But yes, this is a squabble involving a score. It was like, "This game is really good! I give it a 6/10." I'm just adjusting to this new grading curve, is all. ;-)
Which sums up why we'll never do away with our standard reviewing format. Scores mean different things to different people, so if you really want to know what the game is about, take the time to read the review. :)

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Looks oddly fun might pick it up some day would be a refereshing change of pace from BLOOD TITS GOOOORRREEE!!!

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
Snotnarok said:
Echo the dolphin? or was that ps2. I know there was an xbox game called B.C. and it involved underwater exploration.

OT - Good review, seems kinda fun in a slow way.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
I enjoyed the original Endless Ocean (and I even posted a user review of it), it's great for spending a couple of hours just faffing about.