Review: Fable 2

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Fable 2

Fable 2 actually lives up to the hype. Read our review, complete with video supplement, to find out why.

Read Full Article

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
What, you didn't snag Peter's number on caller ID so you could phone him and apologize all personal like? ;)

There was a missed opportunity here. I, for one, will find it hard to forgive you for not deflecting the issue of your Fable II impressions comments by sidetracking Molyneux into explaining why Populous HD isn't the hottest XBL/PSN title this xmas. See what I did there?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Excellent, Susan. Glad to hear that your (and my) misconceptions of Fable II were erroneous!

Also, welcome to the video club :p

Jagyr Ebonwood

Aug 19, 2008
Someone please tell me there's a plan to eventually release this thing for PC...
Every new piece about the awesomeness of Fable II makes me even more depressed that I can't afford to buy a new console just for one game...

Beowulf DW

Jul 12, 2008
This is making me even more eager to get a hold of Fable 2.

They should have this on the case: Escapist Approved, followed by a Yahtzee imp giving a thumbs-up.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Jagyr Ebonwood post=6.74635.841085 said:
Someone please tell me there's a plan to eventually release this thing for PC...
Every new piece about the awesomeness of Fable II makes me even more depressed that I can't afford to buy a new console just for one game...
The original fable was ported to the PC a year or so later, so your best hope is to wait a year and then start investigating.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
After seeing that video review my interest in this game went from "I want this game" to "I WANT THIS GAME!" it looks great, it also look like they toned down the bloom this time.

hem dazon 90

Aug 12, 2008
Beowulf DW post=6.74635.841090 said:
This is making me even more eager to get a hold of Fable 2.

They should have this on the case: Escapist Approved, followed by a Yahtzee imp giving a thumbs-up.
lol but this fable looks good if i have enough time after far cry 2 then.......

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Upon re-reading/re-watching, Susan, I have to admit that I'm disappointed that you didn't answer the single most pressing question about Fable 2:

Does it give free blowjobs and pudding? [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYQLR7dE5k4]

Jagyr Ebonwood

Aug 19, 2008
_Nocturnal post=6.74635.841098 said:
I like.
Everything besides the fact it's not yet on PC, that is.
Ditto, but I'm encouraged by what Bored Tomatoe said. I didn't realize that there was a year between Fable's console release and its PC release.

Notice to Microsoft and Lionhead: The sooner you put out a good-quality PC port for this game, the sooner you can light your cigars with my dollar bills.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Well you shattered the tiny doubts I had for this game. Now I have to wait three more days while all you lucky Americans get to play and laugh at our late release dates.

Also
CantFaketheFunk post=6.74635.841143 said:
Does it give free blowjobs and pudding? [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYQLR7dE5k4]
The man makes a good point. Does it?

John Stalvern

Aug 28, 2008
I doubt this will be in stock when I look for it today, but I'll be the first one with my hands on it among my poor friends.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Susan Arendt can get virtually every denizen of Bowerstone to have sex with her except her husband.
I lol'd

Also I like that your female character looks so beefy (befitting a warrior). Is that because you have higher skills in str and such, like how in the first game you'd get bigger when you buffed certain stats?

Also- wewt!

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Man, that video was a serious tone shift from most game reviews. I felt like someone was selling me a lovely cottage out in the mountains and offering me fresh cookies at the end of the tour.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Hmm, I find simplistic combat could get a little bit tiresome, but with enough spells and gun combat, should be enough to keep people entertained. It also sounds like they kept the same musical score and voice actors as well.

Nice review. I've tried to stay ignorent to this game until I rent/buy it, but I enjoy whatever the Escapist offers.

Also, I noticed you were playing good. Were there any real options for evil present? Do you think you would be able to go to town on a killing spree? Does your dog grow spikes and black fur?

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
Video reviews are always nice; I'm glad that The Escapist is indulging in a little video fun, while keeping actual words in the newsletter, which not all newsletters seem to have these days.

I agree with L.B. Jeffries that the video was also a very pleasant one; it's nice to know that being a gamer doesn't make everyone into caffeine-addicted, teeth-chattering nonsensicals.

Another big plus is that I finally know how to pronounce Arendt!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Ok, to address a few questions!

I think my character looked bigger because of the shirt she's wearing. I don't think she's flung that sword around quite enough yet to get truly beefy, so I'm guessing it's just poor tailoring.

There are both good and evil choices present (and yes, your dog will change just as you do), but there are also pure and corrupt choices. Eating meat, for example, is corrupt, because that meat was once a happy little chicken or big-eyed cow, or whatever. Going the vegetarian route is more pure, as is not drinking alcohol. So you can be a good but corrupt person, or an evil yet pure one.

As for the blowjobs and banana pudding...the main quest is decidedly linear, and there's plenty of stuff to distract you along the way, but Oblivion, this is not.