Review: Fallout 3

Heddon

Sep 13, 2008
Why would you want to play a game where combat is done turn-based? Oh wait... I guess this is for people who are totally clumsy and can't play a shooter on Easy.

MercFox1

Jun 19, 2008
Hearing Ron Perlman's opening lines was the best part of the intro for me; the review supplement did good to include that. ;)

The dialogue itself doesn't bug me as much as the varying volume levels that you run into, even if you're standing in the same place. Something about Liam Neeson yelling in your ear when he's standing right next to you...I love the guy, but did someone fail to do post-processing or is that an engine issue?

hehehuh

Oct 5, 2008
i freaking love the sound track.

oblivion was a somewhat good game, i think its better

althought V.A.T.S. made it too...easy

Noir77

Oct 26, 2008
Where was the review element in that review? You didnt say how you liked it, what could have been better etc. You just stated what you can do and how to do it.

Captain12345

Apr 6, 2009
1. The NPCs aren't fantastic, but they have enough animation, and some genuinely funny or well-done voices and lines make up for it, I think.
2. It's varied and it's not. Please allow me to explain. The environment, well, it's post apocalyptic wasteland-esque, there's not much color. The wasteland and Washington D.C. style wasteland are about it. In the big term. But every building and area has so many unique details, and the wasteland is sprinkled with just enough places/towers etc. that it's not overcrowded, but enough to make you see several things in the distance you haven't before and fight an urge to immediately go explore and loot all three. Despite the fact you've been trying to get to the same location forever and have fallen victim to this impulse about 20 times in as many hours.
3. Well, for the Xbox, it generally wasn't too bad, I can't speak for the other versions. The experience is somewhat alleviated by the anticipation that 5 heavily armed Super Mutants await you behind each door. And the loading screens have some genuinely interesting images, at least for the first few times.

All in all, a game with so many details, it will keep you hooked for hours, looking for that extra Bobblehead or Easter Egg.

onemansnypa

Apr 13, 2009
this game is awesome little gory compared 2 the last bethesda game or any game iv ever played but it kiks @$$

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I've just gotta say thanks to the reviewer for addressing the issue of it not being like Fallout 2.

If they released something looking like Fallout 1 or 2 this year, it'd maybe sell 12 copies to Fallout fanboys, who'd still find something to ***** about.

I'm no graphics whore, but at the same time, sometimes you need to update things to have a sensible chance at decent sales nowadays.

I've heard other criticism of changes from the earlier games which are valid, but really, complaining because they've made the game 3D is like bitching that Vice City sucked compared with GTA 1.

Damn I'm still enjoying this on my second playthru tho, and actually finding it hard to play as evil, I'm feeling genuinely bad about some of the things I'm having to do!

LockNstock

Apr 22, 2009
This game is a work of art in itself,and those who are annoyed that the gameplay has changed from the original Fallout games...you have to move on,everything has to evolve sometime,just to survive.
Also,who thinks this is better than oblivion?
Because I think it kicks Oblivion's arse in just about everything....
The story is good,good characterisation,good combat,brilliant gameworld,good npc's(that aren't boring like they were in oblivion),great customisation,great atmosphere,there is a dark humour to it....oh,and there are freakin' GUNS!!!!!
I think fallout 3 has a lot more potential in terms of DLC's and mods than oblivion(I think so anyway)
So....*cough*...anyway,now that my rant is over.....who agrees with me that it is better than oblivion?