Review: Flock

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
I do love that the mothership is called the Motherflocker. Cute, but gotta wonder how they got something that obvious past the censors, since it's an all-ages game, yes?

Tried the demo from Steam, but gotta say it was too frustrating to warrant a purchase!

gigamesh

Mar 10, 2009
Allan Foe said:
Reminds me of the old PC title Sheep [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep_(video_game)].
The same "Grrr! No! NOT THERE YOU STUPID...! ARGH!" kind of game :)
P.S.
Well it's practically the same game with some new features and more farmyard critters to be frustrated with.
I totally agree, although personally I thought sheep was way more frustrating. If you want a reason to smash your pc into tiny pieces try to find a copy on Ebay.

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Arendt, you've got an amazing voice for this. Especially at the end. I was lawling.
The demo of this game is average. I dunno if I would pay for it or not...

Apr 16, 2009
Nice review. I have to say though, I am surprised at the number of flocking jokes they made, like the aforementioned motherflocker, but also in the online status for the game; when people look at your profile, it says that you are currently flocking around.
That aside, the barnyard animals are adorable.

Ilosia

The faceless
Mar 10, 2009
Loved the escapist crop circle, you could make a great viral advertising campaign like that.

This game definitely reminds me of sheep, which I found to be often extremely frustrating so I'm more than likely to give this one a miss.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
I played the demo of this when it came out on steam. It did irritate me that I didn't really have much "direct" control over anything, I found it a little annoying, kind of like herding animals in real life I suppose. I did like the "love patch" though.

DonPauliani

Jan 23, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Review: Flock

Flock is the most adorable game that will make you ponder the aerodynamics of your controller.

I think this is the first and only time I've ever even seen Ms. Arendt get even a shade of angry.

millerRonald

Apr 21, 2009
Hi,

A very smart and diplomatic answer. It?s really appreciable and generous.

Miller

Baby Furniture [http://www.babyfurniture365.com]

dungeonmaster

Apr 30, 2008
that was really cute review, I think susan really liked this game.
And that was a sweet E crop circle hahah

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Oh, and how come Susan gets to review all the cool casual games and everyone else has to review all the boring crap? Rocks to be Susan. I want your job if you leave.