Review: Gears of War 2

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Review: Gears of War 2

Gears of War 2 is loud, dumb, and a hell of a lot of fun.

Read Full Article

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
That was a good review. I would also like to add that later in the game, when you're underground again, and the Queen is yapping your ear off as you fight towards her, randomly, in one of the blocks that can be destroyed, there's a toaster, which, if you use, will lead Marcus to shout, after a few seconds, "Who Wants Toast!?!" It's hilarious and totally random.

ZakuII

Apr 8, 2008
The inside of a giant worm has been done before in Jet Force Gemini, a third person shooter released 1999 on the N64, complete with a brain, pools of blood, oceans of stomach acid and other things you'd expect to find inside a giant worm. Like explosive barrels. Good to know someone else finally adopted/thought of the giant worm setting though, and within a decade! It's sure to make me feel nostalgic. Especially if you enter through the mouth and exit through the...eh...other end.

Giant worm (beggining) / Worm head seen at 4:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU17yIPzEi4

Giant worm (half way through)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwae-awyAZ4&feature=related

Secret brain area
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuXxCJJ0W0c

Exit through the anus (Do worms, albiet giant, have those?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUOgt2qU14k

the farkinator

Nov 6, 2008
Me and my friend went on a GoW2 rampage this weekend. When Cliffy B. spoke about the game, he didn't say it would take A WHOLE @!#%ING WEEKEND ON HARDCORE!!!

P.S.-- I love the caps lock key

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
Mstrswrd said:
That was a good review. I would also like to add that later in the game, when you're underground again, and the Queen is yapping your ear off as you fight towards her, randomly, in one of the blocks that can be destroyed, there's a toaster, which, if you use, will lead Marcus to shout, after a few seconds, "Who Wants Toast!?!" It's hilarious and totally random.
Spoiler notice please!

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
Hmmm...
SPOILERS
Surprised he didn't mention the "dynamic" rockworm cover gimmick.
The Frame rate issues on the tank level, (and also how small arms fire can take down a tank?)
The great dialogue (There will be a shitload of them Sarge. More like 10 Shitloads.)
The lovely razor hail (I pefer kryll, atleast those inspired terror, this just makes you feel like your in maze)
and most of all the awesome underwater boss, thats about as glitchy as it gets.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Azzaevil said:
mmmm wonder what yahtzee would say Mr Pitts :)
I imagine we'll find out eventually. Although I'd be careful drawing comparisons. I consider Yahztee more of a critic, than a reviewer.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Russ Pitts said:
Azzaevil said:
mmmm wonder what yahtzee would say Mr Pitts :)
I imagine we'll find out eventually. Although I'd be careful drawing comparisons. I consider Yahztee more of a critic, than a reviewer.
There is a difference.

Kind of like comparing Russ Pitts to Simon whateverhisnameisfromamericanidolthatconstantlybitchesandmoansbecausehehasnomusicaltalenthimselfbutlikestobelittleotherssohefeelsbetter.

Just not the same thing. Although Yahtzee is...Hilarious.

His hilarity almost matches that of someone falling face first on concrete.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
beddo said:
Mstrswrd said:
Spoiler notice please!
...Okay. Didn't really think it was a spoiler at this point, conidering the sheer amount of videos that leaked before game release, articles that were written about the video's that were leaked, etc,. Sorry.

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
Mstrswrd said:
beddo said:
Mstrswrd said:
Spoiler notice please!
...Okay. Didn't really think it was a spoiler at this point, conidering the sheer amount of videos that leaked before game release, articles that were written about the video's that were leaked, etc,. Sorry.
No problem! :)

Azzaevil

Jun 26, 2008
i was just saying wondering what yahtzee would say, dont want to get on your bad side but im sure you know how he feels about the first one of this game.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Azzaevil said:
i was just saying wondering what yahtzee would say, dont want to get on your bad side but im sure you know how he feels about the first one of this game.
No worries. I don't mind the question, but I genuinely don't know the answer. And I wouldn't presume to speak for him even if I did. He expresses himself quite well without my help. ;)

hehehuh

Oct 5, 2008
moar like gears of war 1.5

played it, enjoyed it, didn't feel like a "2" to me though