Review: Gears of War 2

FSK405K

Apr 21, 2008
Why don't reviewers criticize the matchmaking and loss of server browsing and map rotations?

acebrainbuster

Oct 13, 2008
gears of war kick so much ass its cool though gears of war is one of those games where you could change so little and still cause a commotion the second is an overstatement of that

Kain637

Apr 16, 2008
I hated the razor hail, it looked terrible, as if the particle effects suddenly went to hell; I thought it was some sort of glitch or graphical hiccup at first.

Wardrobechaos

Nov 9, 2008
Hey...

I liked Gears of War 2...I also liked the first one...I believe they upgraded the game were necessary to make it feel different although basically it is exactly the same game. but they did well...

There are a few things I do not fully understand though:

- vehicle/flying/riding sections, they gave a magnificent game engine that actually works and is fun, so why in the name of any locust god would they stick you in vehicles way too often? I did not like them very much...

- bosses, a bit boring sums it up I guess, the underwater monster goes down so quickly you barely have time to take a look at it, the bossfight with the chainsaw bajonettes was like "look, we have this new move so lets just build this fight around it so the player has to use it - we do not care if it is fun or not"

- level design, pacing: I did not like the worm, it was stupid and the insides were ugly. Do not get me wrong - the worm should be ugly on the inside but what I mean here is that when you compare what the engine is capable of above ground in cities it is really disappointing to see that ugly worm. So my basic point here is that up to the worm level I liked the pace of the game, the leveldesign...the worm sucked...and then it slowly builds up again...but in my opinion never reaches the brilliant first part of the game...

- dialogue. this is really heavy stuff. :D but you would expect nothing else from delta...would you? made me laugh out loud more than once...

but that's it...ohterwise it is a great game really and I haven't even played multiplayer yet - well mostly because it takes like 2 weeks to get a party togehter - but i am sure this will improve soon...

cu guys

FarcusMenix

Nov 18, 2008
dude, u were wrong. gears of war 1 only had one act (act 3) underground. it was hardly underground, not largely underground. gears 2 has like 2 entire acts underground and the final part of the game goes underground yet again. not that that's a bad thing, but it was much more underground than gears 1 was. u mixed up ur facts, bro!

ev219674

Dec 19, 2008
The razor hail and carrying things between two characters were challenging the first few times around. But in all honesty I prefer razor hail to kryll. A little. (Mostly because I don't have to aim a light at it.)

carrnage

Dec 27, 2008
YAAAWWWWWNNN
i know you guys like it and all, and granted it is fun as hell
but how boreing can one game get, i got the jist of it from the first one so i dont see the point of this one cuz theres nothing new about it