Review: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
I really, really enjoyed this game. Played it non-stop after getting it upon release and loved every minute of it. Anyone that's even considering picking it up should really do so. It's not the longest and its puzzles are a bit linear, but it has a lot of style and the ending was actually quite memorable. Definitely one of my favorites on the DS.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
I've been playing this game; I like the gameplay and the theme.

However the developers jamming this contrived trite dialogue in every 3 seconds is really killing the appeal for me. I'm wondering if it'll get better after I've played for longer or if it's just going to keep butting into my gameplay.

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
I fell in love with this game too. I just love that it has all the funny dialogue and charm from the phoenix wright series. So totally worth picking up... the ending was so good!

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
ARRRRGH, I'm so stupid.

I bought the game so I'd have something to play during my flight to GDC 2011. Unfortunately, this backfired because I was tossing over the ending in my head again and again the whole time I was at GDC, barely paid attention to booths, and spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to find ways to buy GT's soundtrack online.

They had talk about a sequel to Ghost Trick, but I have no idea how they would start it off without having a million spoilers, just about who each character really is, and the whole time-warp stuff at the end.