Review: GoldenEye 007

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Review: GoldenEye 007

The James Bond remake offers the best multiplayer on the Wii and an updated campaign.

Read Full Article

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I certainly have to say, I can remember a lot about Goldeneye (But not like everybody else, I was afraid of First Person Shooters).

Although, now that I am older, and can play an FPS and enjoy it, the hardest thing for me is finding a copy of the original for the N64, and while I am not a big fan of the Wii, I just might consider picking one up for the very small amount of games that look like a lot of fun, one of them being Goldeneye.

Awesome review.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Did anyone else notice the gaffe in the credits to the video supplement?

OT: I was kind of playing the "cautiously optimistic" card with this one. it's cool to see it getting across-the-board positive reviews, I think this'll have to be a day one purchase for me.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I don't know, I still think this remake sucks ass compared to what some company wanted to do with it before Nintendo got their grubby little hands on it

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I have my copy on hold at GameStop, and I plan to pick it up tonight, along with my Classic Controller Pro. I loved the game on the N64, and I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

jabrwock

Sep 5, 2007
Me and all my friends were cautiously optimistic about this game when it was announced. Glad to hear it's a solid remake, instead of a cheap port.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
jabrwock said:
Me and all my friends were cautiously optimistic about this game when it was announced. Glad to hear it's a solid remake, instead of a cheap port.
It's neither. A better term would be "spiritual successor". While it's very much intended to have a similar style, and invoke similar feelings as the original, it's too different a game. This is no more a remake than Super Mario Bros 3 is a remake of Super Mario Bros.

P.S. Thanks

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
Damn, wasn't expecting that positive of a review. Now I'm even sadder that this isn't the next game I'll be getting from GameFly.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
blue_guy said:
Why does, Greg Tito, always pause, mid sentance, all the time?

Anyway, I think I shall, give this game, a try, when I get, access to my, Wii, again.
Those should be ellipses, not commas.

OT: I want that game now. All I remember of the original Goldeneye was getting my butt handed to me by the older guys in golden gun mode.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
Wow I'm genuinely surprised at the good press this game has been getting from all corners; apparently much better than the HD game

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
I suppose playing enough with dual analog controls can warp your mind enough to consider Wiimote aiming inelegant... I'm much faster and more precise with that in the other FPSes I've played.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Sober Thal said:
Whoever is playing on the bottom screen isn't an fps gamer right? If not, the controls look horrible!

Nice review tho, I'm tempted, but not sold on picking this up. I am a horrible person.... I didn't like the original.

: (
The bottom half of the screen was played without the Classic Controller Pro. Greg didn't comment on it in the video, but the game is really hard to play with just a Wii Remote / Nunchuck. The stick on the Nunchuck controls strafing, so the sensor bar is left to determine turning. Since it's also used for targeting, you will only turn when the cross hairs hit the extreme right or left of the screen. It makes sense for the control scheme, but I'd strongly recommend getting the Classic Controller Pro.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
NO BORIS?!?!?!

But he is invincible!

And how does the Wii mote compare versus the classic controller?