Review: Halo: ODST

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Review: Halo: ODST

The good news is that Halo: ODST is more of what you love about Halo. That's also the bad news.

Read Full Article

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
Curious, I've read the campaign is roughly 4 hours on Normal, and watching the video it looked as if that was the mode you were playing (that or they really made it easier to kill things in Heroic).

The overall impression I've heard is that this game just isn't worth $60, so I'm going to hold off for a bit even though I honestly do want to give it a whirl.

AxelMiller

Sep 22, 2009
Im not the one person to bother with Halo. As long as the game is long (Wich ccesarano implies is only four hours). Mostly i dont even care about multiplayer wich this game seems to lack. Or does it?

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
This seems like it should be cheaper than $60, but it looks like fun.
I'll just have to wait for a price drop.
Molten Water said:
Its Orbital Drop Shock Troopers i Thought...
your right, its SHOCK troopers not SHIP troopers. He just said it wrong

Ohten

Apr 14, 2009
Halo 3 ODST: More generic plot line, more ten-year-olds shrieking over X-Box Live, and more gameplay that's been done better elsewhere.

Can't wait.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Stubee said:
"Orbital Drop Ship Troopers"

Yeh stopped reading there. If you cant remember the title of the game your reviewing then no ones going to take your opinion seriously.
Haha...I guess the game didn't leave much of an impression on Pitt's...making you wonder if its worth the purchase?
Stubee said:
Incidentally can I remind you of the old proverb "if it aint broke don't fix it"
That is the problem...the game sounds more like a DLC or expansion than a title worth being sold separately at full price.

Still...that won't stop the die hard fans...

Ohten

Apr 14, 2009
Hardcore_gamer said:
The biggest problem i have with the game is that it has a high price tag even though it's really just a level pack with a new story for Halo 3. According to the review, there are NO new enemy's!
Yeah. It seems the order of the day lately is charging full price for something that ought to be a $15 expansion pack. Thank EA and Activision for making it cool by releasing the same game every year with a couple minor touch ups and shinier graphics.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Molten Water said:
Its Orbital Drop Shock Troopers i Thought...
Yeah, that was my bad. Mea culpa. "Drop shock troopers" is so ghey, my mind refused to accept it. Apologies to anyone who considers this a terminal error.

NavyJames

Sep 3, 2009
Stubee said:
"Orbital Drop Ship Troopers"

Yeh stopped reading there. If you cant remember the title of the game your reviewing then no ones going to take your opinion seriously.
Wow, do you make a living pointing out irrelevent nitpicks or is it just a hobby? ;)

hansari

May 31, 2009
Russ Pitts said:
Yeah, that was my bad. Mea culpa. "Drop shock troopers" is so ghey, my mind refused to accept it. Apologies to anyone who considers this a terminal error.
The games title is NOT meant to appeal to the fanatic 12 yr old demographic :p

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Hardcore_gamer said:
Ohten said:
Halo 3 ODST: More generic plot line, more ten-year-olds shrieking over X-Box Live, and more gameplay that's been done better elsewhere.

Can't wait.
The biggest problem i have with the game is that it has a high price tag even though it's really just a level pack with a new story for Halo 3. According to the review, there are NO new enemy's!
There aren't new enemies, but there's harder versions of the enemies already in halo.

iJosh

Nov 21, 2007
It is "orbital drop shock troopers", but hey. The game is alright. I have it, Just came out this morning. Firefight is amazingly fun. :D

Markness

Apr 23, 2008
Looks worth buying. Solid campaign fan and it will be nice to get all the maps for Halo 3. A pitty it couldn't be more inventive. Halo 3 seems positively revolutionary compared to this. At least halo 3 introduced bubble shields and other items, forge etc. All this game seems to have is that horde mode thing which was in gears 2 wasn't it?

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
*bows head in respect to THE MAN*
just as i thought - halo 3 again, just with a couple different guns and a naturally harder difficulty

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
If it weren't priced for the most efficient gouging of impressionable Halo fans, I might consider picking this up, if I knew it required more tactical thinking than the usual Master Chief/Arbiter wade-into-enemy-fire-guns-blazing procedure. This being Halo, however, I'm sure even the fragile ODST troopers regenerate their health pretty quickly.