Review: Heroes Over Europe

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Heroes Over Europe

It's entertaining, but hardly a heroic effort.

Read Full Article

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Thanks for the review. The game looks like everything we've seen before, but it's been a while since we've had a good arcade flyer out there.

Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader was the best arcade flyer ever made, but its been 8 YEARS since then. Surely we can do better.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Undead Dragon King said:
Thanks for the review. The game looks like everything we've seen before, but it's been a while since we've had a good arcade flyer out there.

Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader was the best arcade flyer ever made, but its been 8 YEARS since then. Surely we can do better.
Then you haven't played Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.

Sahm

Jan 22, 2009
So now they can finish making Sin City, right?

Oh, never mind, they're not doing that anymore -- I forgot.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
CantFaketheFunk said:
John Funk thinks WW2-era air combat was so much cooler than what we have today.
Back in those days there was chivalry in the air.
I read somehere that in the era of Biplanes, sorties would be called off by both belligerent aces if one was running out of fuel or had his guns jam.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Those cutscenes look excessively familiar.
Commandos everyone?

This looks like fun though, I might have to look into it.

English Criticism, Mr. Funk! How does something happen rarely but occasionally? Hm?!

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
I find this looks very much like Blazing Angels. There are obvious differences.

I'll see if I can get it on the wii, then I'll trade in my Blazing Angels for this.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I love playing that Heros simulation game in the arcades, its worth every £2! But this HOE looks abit.. meh. It wont feel right without playing it on a Sim'd cockpit with a coinslot on the dashboard.

hazakura

May 7, 2008
hmmmm...Good enough review. Definitly looks like it's based on the Blazing Angels engine. But still looks kinda standard.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
hazakura said:
hmmmm...Good enough review. Definitly looks like it's based on the Blazing Angels engine. But still looks kinda standard.
It's actually based on the Heroes of the Pacific engine, and is the sequel to that 2005 game.