Review: inFamous

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
I see that my $60 investment was just. Thanks :D
It's good to see some generally negative, Non-Biased reviews of a game. But even from what I've seen, it still looks great.

jaammiie

Master of the Universe
Jun 3, 2007
It looks good but unfortunately, I have an Xbox 360. Did the boss at the end look like a kitten to anyone else?

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I was thinking of getting this as soon as it came out... but now I'm a little skeptical. Still, I haven't gotten used to Jordan's game tastes as of yet... so I think I'll give it a rental as per recommendation rather than being sure of the hit or miss of it.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
This one's already on my rental list; I'm not all that confident that its buyable and it looks like I might be right.
It looks like I'll be playing evil in my playthrough: I can't be bothered to be careful so watch out.
I look forward to downloading the demo tonight.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
I had a feeling that this game wouldn't be as amazing as most people were hoping, which is sad because I love Suckerpunch. Ah well, I hope they can fix the small issues in Infamous II, the return of lightning-man.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
I was thinking of getting this as soon as it came out... but now I'm a little skeptical. Still, I haven't gotten used to Jordan's game tastes as of yet... so I think I'll give it a rental as per recommendation rather than being sure of the hit or miss of it.
Gametrailers, who are notoriously 360 Biased, gave inFAMOUS a 9.0/10, So It's got to be good.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
So this was the first time I ever saw any footage of Infamous. I'm really...really unimpressed. It looks very boring and repetitive.

With all the hype that everyone and their pet fish were spewing about this game (Especially PS3 fanboys), I'm pretty disappointed at what I saw. But hey, maybe I'm just not their demographic or something. I'm sure some people enjoy the game, and that's fine. To me, it's just another probably OK game ruined by the hype machine.

I don't doubt 'Prototype' will fall to the same illness.

Quasi-more on topic, Jordan: I hope you get better!

Ilosia

The faceless
Mar 10, 2009
When the video started up I did actually check the date to check that somehow most of the year hadn't passed and it wasn't april fools again.

Now that game does look repetitive.

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
Unexpected Susan's video, yay! xD

I thought inFamous would be more impressive, this is pretty... meh. I would still get it If I had PS3, it looks like it can be fun (for a while).

Get well!

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
I really don't like this review, almost all of it focuses on the morality system. Moral choices have never been well represented in games, I'm finding it hard to believe that you should spend so much time discussing it.

The gameplay, characters and city get exactly around 1 sentence...it just feels very insubstantial.

wyldefire

Feb 27, 2008
I pretty thoroughly disagree with this review. I can't speak too much about the game's story, having only played the demo, but the gameplay and city atmosphere are great. This is probably the most negative review I've read about this game so far.

Tikicobra

May 21, 2009
Disappointing.

Not the game, the review. You hardly mentioned anything other than the morality system, and frankly, I don't understand your complaints, nor do I understand how a flawed morality system could hurt the game to a point where it's not even worth buying. I'm not a fanboy, either. In fact, I'm not that hyped for this game, but this review seemed rather lame and off-putting.

blackcherry

Apr 9, 2008
It was the first gameplay footage I've seen and I just have to ask, why is everything so grey? Must just be a taste thing I guess.

Anyway, good review, though it didn't really change my opinion, and I hope you get better soon Jordan.