Review: Infinity Blade

stuhacking

Mar 7, 2010
airrazor7 said:
Not to be the pessimist here, but the first thing that came to mind when I read this is 'if this game were on a console being reviewed, the review would be mostly negative with the main argument being 'it's been done over 100+ times better before' and start comparing it to better games or games that it resembles. However, I'm guessing it is being viewed from the 'gosh I can't believe this is done on an iPad/iPod' perspective so it escapes being scrutinized.
Not to state the obvious or anything, but there is a big difference between console and mobile gaming.

1) Consoles have a lot more space for content. Entire DVDs, BR disks and Hard disks worth. They also have a lot more power available. Cramming nice graphics into a small space on a less powerful device is worthy of a bit of praise.

2) When people sit down to play a console game, they are looking to spend more time. When people play a mobile game it's usually for a quick distraction. Simple in/out fun.

Infinity Blade delivers an experience that is both visually pleasing on a mobile device and can be brought out for that 2 minute distraction while waiting for the bus. If your expectations are for a different type of game then maybe you're looking at the wrong platform.

slimeonline

is wondering how long this can b
Mar 22, 2010
Great graphics but I agree with many of the above about repetivity & getting stuck at a max level!!

Overall 6/10

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
It's pretty awesome. The only problem is the fact you only get XP if you use equipment you haven't 'mastered, and if you are using mastered equipment, you don't level up. I had to start again because I had saved up and bought awesome gear, but quickly realised that I was seriously lacking when using lower equipment.

Still great though. The graphics are amazing for the iPod, and when the extra dungeons and muliplayer comes out, I think it'll be even better. (£3.49 may be a little too much though)

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
I admire the control scheme, but the screenshot looks a bit too ugly for me. I might go see if there's a demo I can try, otherwise I'm still happy with PvZ.

Drawando

Feb 7, 2011
i love this game, great time killer and really pulls everything the Iphopne has to offer out of it. Epic really did their best with this one, and the second Infinity blade makes it even better