Review: Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Review: Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns

Hmmm...nearly identical dungeons, unending waves of enemies, and lots and lots of dying. Must be a roguelike!

Read Full Article

Cyclomega

Jul 28, 2008
The first one bored me after 1 hour of dying before the second floor of the very first dungeon, but I admit it has a certain charm, and the characters are very well drawn and written, at least what I could grab...

I think I'll give this one a try...

Oh and...

(a "kunoichi" for those of you who masturbate to wall scrolls)
One free Internets to you good Sir !

Mogif

Sep 25, 2008
Game is just okay. Needs more work and in my opinion, I would not suggest you to play this unless you got patience and time.

neispace

Mar 2, 2009
The second character is actually pretty useless, because they don't level with you. That means you have to level up every additional character you want to bring with you if you want to play them. And there are a LOT of second character choices.

Problem with this game also is that there's zero incentive to stick talismans to weapons long-term. You will die, and will lose all your inventory, so it's just as easy to scavenge any weapon you find from the current dungeon and ignore the upgrade system. Also there is very little difference between this and the first Izuna, so you get the feeling of same old, same old.

It's still pretty competent for what it is, and it can be fun in a grindy way. Plus many place sell it for 19.99 US, so its definitely a good value. It's not for everyone though.