Review: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Review: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

The gritty realism of Kane & Lynch 2 shoots itself in the foot.

Read Full Article

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Well, since I am the first one here, I might as well ask it. Is this game good enough where they don't have to threaten firing people to get a half decent score? Or, as you said, is the repetitiveness too much?

PS: Stair cars rock

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Multiplayer modes. Sorry, I know it's not that good, but I'm buying it anyway.
I figured I would dislike this review, but, no, it's actually pretty spot-on, albeit the final score I really don't agree with.

EonEire

Feb 7, 2008
I'm one of theses people that needs the characters to have at least 1 redeeming likeable quality. Personally I think both of these characters, from the first game's point of view, are THE most un-likeable characters ever created. I find myself rooting for the "bad" guys to kill them.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Why are The Escapist's reviews so late? Are they only released with a new issue?

Nearly all the other sites have their Mafia 2 reviews up by now too, so surely that won't be posted next Tuesday?

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
what IO interactive were making while they werent making freedom fighters 2, possibly out of a [yahtzee quote time]crippling fear of money and success
Woodsey said:
Why are The Escapist's reviews so late? Are they only released with a new issue?

Nearly all the other sites have their Mafia 2 reviews up by now too, so surely that won't be posted next Tuesday?
tuesdays and thursdays
i think its better to have set days rather then just waiting for something to come up

Dosu Inuzuka

Apr 30, 2009
I have to say Mr. Tito, you have won my respect. Anyone who can make an Arrested Development reference is, needless to say, awesome.
Watch out for the live-ins.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, the first one waas pretty bad, so not surprised this one sint much better.

Glad I never invested into them myself directly

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Dosu Inuzuka said:
I have to say Mr. Tito, you have won my respect. Anyone who can make an Arrested Development reference is, needless to say, awesome.
Watch out for the live-ins.
Somehow I know it was coming as soon as he said the words "Stair Car"... there was just something about it that made it inevitable.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
Hmm, yet another mixed review. I haven't bought the game, and I don't really plan on it, but so far we have "crap crap crap" from Blistered Thumbs, "Freaking awesome" from Game Informer, and "it's okay" from here. We literally have an entire spectrum of review scores. I wonder why it's getting so many mixed feelings.

cardinalwiggles

is the king of kong
Jun 21, 2009
be careful of hop-ons love that show :p. this game just looks a bit generic to me i don't think i;ll be buying it

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
CloggedDonkey said:
Hmm, yet another mixed review. I haven't bought the game, and I don't really plan on it, but so far we have "crap crap crap" from Blistered Thumbs, "Freaking awesome" from Game Informer, and "it's okay" from here. We literally have an entire spectrum of review scores. I wonder why it's getting so many mixed feelings.
Find out where your favourite review site lies on the continuum of Professional Objective Criticism vs. Cynical Advertiser-Pleasing!

Escapist runs so few ads from publishers--and give Yahtzee, the LRR guys and other contributors the freedom to totally trash titles--I believe reviews here actually represent the reviewers' personal opinions. I'm kind of curious what we'd see if they put two reviewers on each game, but I'm sure it's probably not economically feasible.

Milo Malo

May 17, 2010
Sgt. Sykes said:
The KL series gets no love from reviewers (and most gamers).

I fucking love both games. First, it's a very, very welcome departure from all those charismatic/wisecracking/romantic/super/patriotic heroes, like in every other fucking shooting game. In KL one can finally play as a dirty ugly gangster. Especially in the first game. KL2 feels more like Gears of War, but still retains the KL formula.

Plus, KL2 is the very first game since Half-Life and Crysis, where I actually feel like the enemies are there to get me and not just to peek from corners like in a shooting gallery.

I want more games like this!
what he said ^^

this game is by no means a happy game if you want to get that play something else the console version never crash and also you have to think for a sec, this guys were criminals that have spent some time in jail, cover system is great and over all the history was the best part thumbs up!! i cant wait for 3

snowman6251

Nov 9, 2009
Isn't this game like 4-5 hours long? I cannot even come close to justifying a 60 dollar purchase on something so pathetically short.