Review: Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Review: Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust

Logan Westbrook reviews Leisure Suit Larry and has now seen the true face of evil.

Read Full Article

Knonsense

Oct 22, 2008
Seems a bit late, especially for something with a terrible reputation. I could understand a four month delay if it was a good game with poor market penetration, but it really doesn't make sense here.

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
Ah yes, that game. I'm saddened that this is made by Team 17. Glad to see that they're back to making Worms now, but dang. I feel bad for those guys. It must suck to be a game designer and have your manager come in and say "we're working on the new Leisure Suit Larry".

Oh, and what's up with the late review? Not like I was ever going to need advice to avoid buying the game, but still. Like Knonsense said, it's four months late.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
headshotcatcher said:
Ouch, does it really suck this bad? I remember the 2004 one being kinda funny, if not kinda silly..
Yes, it is that bad. I've played every LSL game and this was far and away, the single worst one created.

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
plastic_window said:
Ah yes, that game. I'm saddened that this is made by Team 17. Glad to see that they're back to making Worms now, but dang. I feel bad for those guys. It must suck to be a game designer and have your manager come in and say "we're working on the new Leisure Suit Larry".

Oh, and what's up with the late review? Not like I was ever going to need advice to avoid buying the game, but still. Like Knonsense said, it's four months late.
I wonder why Team 17 were given the job in the first place, They are in my opinion a very good studio, but these guys are famous for worms and-to a lesser extent-alien breed, one a turn based artillery game, the other a top down shooter. I don't know why it would make sense to give them this when they probably have no experience in making that kind of game.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
My brother bought this game. He seriously parted with twenty whole English pounds because he has a particularly juvenile sense of humour and so thought it might be funny. What followed the next day was a phonecall to me, heavy on expletives, saying that it's the worst game he's ever played and describing just how atrocious it was.

The best thing? He hasn't been able to sell it or trade it in. Nobody, not even Gamestation, will take it.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
mokes310 said:
headshotcatcher said:
Ouch, does it really suck this bad? I remember the 2004 one being kinda funny, if not kinda silly..
Yes, it is that bad. I've played every LSL game and this was far and away, the single worst one created.
Oh, well, I guess thats sequels for ya :S

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Knonsense said:
Seems a bit late, especially for something with a terrible reputation. I could understand a four month delay if it was a good game with poor market penetration, but it really doesn't make sense here.
People must be warned!

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
This game was torture, I didn't finish it, and I finished fucking Uwe Boll's 1968 Tunnel Rats.