Review: MadWorld

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Review: MadWorld

It's Manhunt meets Smash TV meets Cooking Mama. Seriously.

Read Full Article

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Very cool review, I'm so glad it is good so it gives me even more reasons to buy it

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
I thought those voices sounded familiar.
Hrm...Maybe the Wii can produce something other than Nintendo games.

Limos

Jun 15, 2008
That looks awesome. It's nice to hear a third party developer is finally getting the hang of the motion controls. They are awesome if used right.

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
MadWorld kind of disgusts me, but at the same time I can't get enough footage of it.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Cooking Mama reference seemed a little stretched in the review, but it definitely made it entertaining.

Madworld never really seemed like my cup of tea, honestly. I'm all for violence and gore, but Madworld just made it seem senseless.

Ah, I'll probably rent it this weekend to check it out though.

Edhelgwae

Mar 17, 2009
It does have some similarities with cooking mama but I prefer the comparaison with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time. MadWorld is just some overcomplicated 3D version of TMNT: Turtles in Time.

More voice acting but less characters.
Better graphics but less colors.
3D but with bad camera angles.

Violence in video games is a good thing but it does not remplace gameplay.

DeleteMe1112311

Sep 18, 2008
My only comment:

Stop ruining the game for me! Its one thing to explain gameplay but I do not need to know how you kill every boss and all of the different mini-games, that dosen't tell me how well the game plays, how good the camera angles are, whether the controls are fluid, whether or not the game is fun, or anything else. I'm going to be honest and say I stopped watching because I did not want you to spoil anything else for me so I am sorry if you addressed it later, but I watched about 2:30 of it and all I got from the review was parts of the game. Nothing that helped me decide whether or not I would buy this game.

Okay, I guess that was more then one comment...anyway, hope this dosen't piss you off and that you can take away some advice from my ranting.

If it does piss you off and you gleam nothing from my honest (albeit harsh) criticism then:
You have peaked in your career until you accept advice from others.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Soxfan1016 said:
My only comment:

Stop ruining the game for me! Its one thing to explain gameplay but I do not need to know how you kill every boss and all of the different mini-games, that dosen't tell me how well the game plays, how good the camera angles are, whether the controls are fluid, whether or not the game is fun, or anything else. I'm going to be honest and say I stopped watching because I did not want you to spoil anything else for me so I am sorry if you addressed it later, but I watched about 2:30 of it and all I got from the review was parts of the game. Nothing that helped me decide whether or not I would buy this game.

Okay, I guess that was more then one comment...anyway, hope this dosen't piss you off and that you can take away some advice from my ranting.

If it does piss you off and you gleam nothing from my honest (albeit harsh) criticism then:
It's a review supplement, not a review in itself. The video supplements are used to show things that can't necessarily come across in text. I think you'll find that Jordan answers all of that in the review itself :)

DeleteMe1112311

Sep 18, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Soxfan1016 said:
My only comment:

It's a review supplement, not a review in itself. The video supplements are used to show things that can't necessarily come across in text. I think you'll find that Jordan answers all of that in the review itself :)
You are very very right, in my tired, mono-fueled confusion I failed to realize. I offer my apologies Jordan though I still stick to my underlying criticism of the video. Again, my apologies.

Cyberwaste

Mar 18, 2009
Awesome review. Is making me want to buy it as one of my first Wii purchases. And the comic popups are a nice touch in my opinion.

But, this further proves nuts with chainsaws are badass. Always.

KamikazeSailor

Jun 10, 2008
This is definately one of the reasons I plan on buying a Wii! I bought one, but I bought it for my nieces and nephews and since they're all around the age of 7 I don't think MadWorld is the game for them!

Now I want to buy one for myself so I can play this game. It looks great and seems like a lot of fun.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
KamikazeSailor said:
This is definately one of the reasons I plan on buying a Wii! I bought one, but I bought it for my nieces and nephews and since they're all around the age of 7 I don't think MadWorld is the game for them!

Now I want to buy one for myself so I can play this game. It looks great and seems like a lot of fun.
Good idea.. And even though others might disagree, there's also other good games for the wii, even games that arenot aimed for small children.

I haven't played Madworld yet, but from what i see, i think you might wanna check out No More heroes as well, if you like the look of Madworld