Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Review: Mario Sports Mix

Just like real sports, but with mushrooms and giant dinosaurs

Read Full Article

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
Another Mario spin-off? crikey, it seems nintendo are never going to cease with their inclination to produce these.

Skade

Mar 27, 2009
The video says "For the full review of Dead Space 2...". Might not be the target audience :).

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
lobster1077 said:
Another Mario spin-off? crikey, it seems nintendo are never going to cease with their inclination to produce these.
Mario sports games are nothing new.

Creating a sports package rather than trying to sell each individually is new, though. (Although not really, if you count Wii Sports.)

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Skade said:
The video says "For the full review of Dead Space 2...". Might not be the target audience :).
Necro-moogle is coming for you. Now there's a crossover.

Thanks, I'll get that swapped out.

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
They made a Mario basketball game for DS a while a while back that actually had a moogle and cactus as playable characters. Nice review and I don't think I'll be dusting off the Wii any time soon.

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
if i get this and when i dust off my Wii

I would totaly play as the Black mage (What i like Being a Wizard/Mage/Warlock)

vonseux

Jan 7, 2011
nice to see a proper review since the GT one was a joke.

But why no comments about the ONLINE MULTIPLAYER? thats something that people only talk about when its missing

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
justblues said:
Im not 100 percent sure but i think a moogle was on mario basketball for the Ds
Yeah, Square Enix made that game too. I guess they can't resist infusing their own IP into Mario games.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Hahahah... As a die hard basketball fan, I loved the Cleveland Cavaliers reference, as well as your commentary at the beginning of the video. :D

Awesome review. I hate Mario games and I don't even have a Wii, so I'm not going to play it anytime soon, but the review made my day. Great job!

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
I hate it when they add motion control to games just for the sake of it. Donkey Kong Country Return was such a pain because you had to drum the remotes to roll attack.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
...Black Mage? In a Mario sports game? I am confused beyond the degree of funny. I mean, he could easily just Hadoken his way to victory every time!