Review: Mass Effect 2

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
I don't recall a miniature giant space pony in a previous bioware game, so I doubt that'll happen. Scanning isn't that bad (I take my time with to to where I usually find two or three spikes after the planet is depleted), but I'm an astronomy/physics nut so everything like this about a sci-fi game is usually awesome to me.

ldwater

Jun 15, 2009
I love ME2 - on my 3rd play through and it is alot of fun the play :D

The only problem I have with the game is that it feels like the 'real' story (ie, collectors etc) is about 2/3 missions long.

You start off and say "Oooh! Collectors bad, lets stop them! But first I need to assemble a kick ass team!" - ok I can live with that because the 'aquire' quests are good in themselves.

Once you've got your team, in order to actually finish the game without them all getting wasted you need to do a loyality quest as well. You always get a dialog option that says "If we have time", but there is NO time limit before the collectors do anything really bad - so you've got more than enough time to keep everyone happy.

If you do all of the team member quests & loyalty quests it feels like you start off saying "Lets get this damn alien abductors" but each guy you meet says "but can you take me here first please" and the game becomes more and more about pleasing these guys than doing any collector ass kicking at all.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I played the first ME long enough to get to know my crew and figure out what's going on in the galaxy
...oh and to get totally annoyed by the game mechanics from the combat controls to the stupid menus

then I put it down and didn't bother trying it again...and then I picked up ME2
well okay some decisions were made for me but for the most part they were things I woulda done anyway...
and I gotta say...ME2 really does satisfy both the RPG and FPS (more so than say...Borderlands)

heck, maybe I'm crazy but I didn't mind scanning planets...it was rewarding in a very lazy (engineering student?) sorta way...meh