Review: Medal of Honor

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
Interesting review. I already have COD 2 so I wasn't planning on getting this ( I don't even plan on getting black ops either), so I figured there would be very little difference. I also totally agree with you about the Taliban controversy.

Painful illusion

Oct 9, 2010
I see medal of Honor as the underdog against COD. I really wanted this game to be better than Black ops..."sigh".. maybe in a few years. I can only hope they do better.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
As Shakespeare would say, a rose by any other name... Though, in all honesty, you said it much better, a Taliban by any other f@#%ing name is still a f@#%ing Taliban...

More on topic though, kinda disappointed from what I've seen of this game myself, it looks to be nothing more than a blatant attempt to try and beat the CoD series by copying the CoD series. Who in their right mind thought that would work, exactly?

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
From what I'm seeing in the video review, the game looks very bland(and I hate using that term) and the action is not all that great. (that was one ugly looking knife kill)

And the game is scripted and short? Yeah, sadly I'm skipping this one. Multiplayer sounds great though.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
I just loved his voice tone when he said "those fuckin' guys are Talibans" :D
Awesome review.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Video no worky. For me.

Anyway, I might get this, since I'm not buying any Activision games anymore. Used or new. Looks solid enough, and comes with Frontline on PS3, iirc.

L-J-F

Jun 22, 2008
Hmm, originally I was excited about it, especially after MoH Airborne which was awesome. However ... gotta agree, it seems to try and copy CoD a bit too hard, or something. It doesn't feel right.

Misterkillsall

Jun 7, 2010
Is it just me, or does this feel like Bad Company 2... minus destructible enviroments? This seems like the kind of game you would buy if you couldn't afford MW2 or BC2, except that IT JUST CAME OUT so it's still sixty bucks.

No thank you good sir, I have better ways of spending my money.

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:
"Stream not found" Daym...
Onyx Oblivion said:
Video no worky. For me.

Anyway, I might get this, since I'm not buying any Activision games anymore. Used or new. Looks solid enough, and comes with Frontline on PS3, iirc.
CTRL + F5 a few times. If it still doesn't play, restart your browser.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
While I agree with the review in general, I would go so far as to point out that MoH doesn't just fail to do things better than it's competition, it generally fails to do them as well.

Playing through the game, it has so far done nothing that another contemporary shooter (be that Call of Duty, or heck, even Halo: Reach) hasn't already done better. It's not just a CoD clone, it's an inferior CoD clone. And I think that's worth note.

-m

CaptainCrunch

Imp-imation Department
Jul 21, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:
What do you think i've been doing for the past 10 minutes? Should i try bashing my case and shouting loudly next?
Do things that refresh Flash Player's cache. It may take a full restart, or a matter of waiting until Flash decides the file exists.

Also, error codes are helpful. (You can PM these)

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
i have a strongly held opinion on the taliban issue (that EA are moeny grabbing attention seeking scum desperatly trying for a "scandal" to match MW2s airport scene and don't care how many bereaved families are hurt by it) but i respect the way it was handled in this review.

other than that it was a good review, if i buy this game it will be second hand (so no money goes to EA) but i have yet to hear a positive review about this game so far.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
I agree with the single player portion of your review but have to disagree with the multiplayer being well designed

You mentioned the long corridors for snipers - problem is these corridors normally take up only 1 of at most 3 ways to get to an area making the attackers role run into sniper fire and die repeatedly.

Due to badly designed maps, poorly thought out game modes and a lot of other issues I had, I found the multiplayer distinctly not fun and would not recommend it to anyone

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Matt_LRR said:
While I agree with the review in general, I would go so far as to point out that MoH doesn't just fail to do things better than it's competition, it generally fails to do them as well.
My first draft was originally much heavier on the direct comparisons to COD but I just couldn't get the format right. It wound up being distracting so I challenged myself on the rewrite to minimize the references to COD.