Review: Michael Jackson The Experience

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Review: Michael Jackson The Experience

The King of Pop lives on in videogame form.

Read Full Article

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
It looks....bad. I'm going to beat it on this one, I'm not into Wii games and especially dancing games.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Ldude893 said:
It looks....bad. I'm going to beat it on this one, I'm not into Wii games and especially dancing games.
OH! YOU AND YOUR PUNS!

OT:

Ugh. A party game.

I don't have friends over frequently enough to play a party game, and most of my friends wouldn't like party games.

Jikuu

Mar 3, 2010
In the review, you asked what Ghosts was. I'm willing to wager that it's the song in that Halloween special Jackson did.

Explorator Vimes

Jun 7, 2010
This may sound silly, but I really like that the Escapist video reviews show what they look like while they're using the various motion controls. It just adds a layer of amusement for me to watch them more than the game sometimes, and lets me see how responsive the game reacts to whatever flail they do IRL.

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
I know that the avarage Escapister is young, male and heterosexual, but I can't help but feel this review dismisses a significant part of its audience.

Ridrith

Aug 17, 2009
pluizig said:
I know that the avarage Escapister is young, male and heterosexual, but I can't help but feel this review dismisses a significant part of its audience.
I'm sure they'll get over it. Some people... So sensitive.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
erhm, the video supplement kinda creeped me out, first the "you like girls, right?, RIGHT!?!" that gave me a flash back to my school years where a big bully would threaten to punch me (not saying thats what you went for, but thats where my mind went) , and then the last part about teaming up with that girl, i pictured a drunk creep rubbing himself up against some poor girl, again just my unfortunate experience watching people dance at clubs.

the game does look great and varied, with unique costumes and sets for each song, it does have the wii problem of making you fill out the blanks, all you need to do is to flail your arm around, but they are hoping that you will get into it and dance, never having been a MJ fan this is a easy pass for me.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
The dancing of the team arouses me in ways I should probably discuss with my psychiatrist...
Dancing and rythm games aren't really my thing, and I only like a few of MJ's classics.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
Susan finally caved and got to groovin'! This game has mystical powers, so it has to be good.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
OMG was that Susan rockin' out to Thriller?!?! I demand the video of The Escapist crew dancing! Post it!

With it being a Wii game though, can't you basically just swing your arm around in various ways and still nail it? Not like the Wii can tell where your feet are.. This may have been a better Kinect title all things considered.

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
PH3NOmenon said:
Susan finally caved and got to groovin'! This game has mystical powers, so it has to be good.
Susan's supernatural groove has a power all its own.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Jikuu said:
In the review, you asked what Ghosts was. I'm willing to wager that it's the song in that Halloween special Jackson did.
What Halloween special? If you mean the video where the red leather jacket-clad Michael dances with zombies, that's Thriller.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Gary Busey said:
Even in death, he still wants children to play with him.
XD

but in all seriousness, if this game can teach you the dances moves to some of the most awesome pop music ever, its a win in my book. ^_^

p.s. why isnt this a Kinect game?! o_O (2011? boo)

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Hes right, yknow. You have a bunch of people over, their not really impressed with the mechanics of fallout new vegas while your playing it, even if you explain it to them! (its caled VATS!). but when you get something fun like this, everyone joins in. Or you can get an on the rail shooter like House of the Dead which is a REAL GAME, but still fun for everyone.

or pixel junk eden. My wife loves taht game...

Falko

Jun 5, 2010
-Zen- said:
Jikuu said:
What Halloween special? If you mean the video where the red leather jacket-clad Michael dances with zombies, that's Thriller.
"Ghosts" was a short film MJ made in the late 90's. He co-wrote the story with Stephen King and Stan Winston did the special effects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson%27s_Ghosts

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Falko said:
-Zen- said:
Jikuu said:
"Ghosts" was a short film MJ made in the late 90's. He co-wrote the story with Stephen King and Stan Winston did the special effects.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson%27s_Ghosts
Huh. Never knew about that one. Thanks for clearing that up.